Setting to Success 2015

I can sit under the dryer and sleep in curlformers and those things still aren't dry in the morning!

I don't really think my hair is thick I think it's pretty average. When I measured the circumference of my straightened ponytail it measured exactly 3 inches. Yes my hair is very wet, but maybe I must unlock a new level of wetness. Like beyond the laws of physics. I have low porosity hair as well.

I wanted to buy the barrel curl formers but one tool at a time.

I don't really think my hair is thick I think it's pretty average. When I measured the circumference of my straightened ponytail it measured exactly 3 inches. Yes my hair is very wet, but maybe I must unlock a new level of wetness. Like beyond the laws of physics. I have low porosity hair as well.

I wanted to buy the barrel curl formers but one tool at a time.

lol at a new level of wetness.

Getting lo po hair wet can be difficult, but my hair dries faster in rollers than in curlformers for some reason. I think because the warm air get trapped around the roller as opposed to passing through curlfomer mesh my hair dries faster. I could also be making the up. lol

Wow you must have some really thick, dense, lo-po hair!.

My hair is lo po and high density for sure. Without heat ( direct or in direct) my hair takes about 2-3 days to dry depending on the season and how I wear it. Pure foolishness! Another reason setting is the best!

I'm looking to buy some rollers to cut down on my direct heat styling. Any suggestions on what types of rollers work best on 4b/c hair?

Not sure if someone answered you already, but i think the type of roller should fit the look you want. I would suggest using covers if at all possbile! I am natural also and find magetic rollers with snap on covers work best. The rollers that have a dull finish adhere better than the shiny rollers too!

Day 7 hair! Craving some straight hair so I'll start the process on the first (super bowl Sunday with an all day deep condition) I know it's gonna take FOREVER...so I'm already gearing up for a long process and it's like 4 days away. lol

Last edited:
Day 7 hair! Craving some straight hair so I'll start the process on the first (super bowl Sunday with an all day deep condition) I know it's gonna take FOREVER...so I'm already gearing up for a long process and it's like 4 days away. lol

Lol. That's how I feel. I have to wash my hair this weekend, and I've already started preparing myself mentally for it. I plan to flat iron too....depending on my energy levels by Saturday hehe

Okay so 'member how I was gonna set with strawllers today?...I need to stop making promises I can't keep. I have a host of assignments due these next few days. Don't have time. I won't make anymore promises ladies but please know that this challenge is always on my mind!

Miss you ladies. I'm not setting this week, so no wash day. I will sleep in flexi rods at some point ,but I need a new leave in. Off to hunt etsy sales

I set yesterday.

Cowashed with joico kpak condish with wen wvm layered on top (awesome combo)
Leave in - apb leave in/ Paul Mitchell skinny serum
I set on magnetic rollers using covers and bb wrapping foam. I think this was my best set since my relaxed days with the magnetic rollers. I bantu knotted overnight to stretch my roots a little. I am 2 years post relaxer.

I did a flexi rod set today. I didn't have enough time or patience to wait for it to dry completely under the bonnet dryer today. But despite that, it came out well. I got compliments, and even my roommate commented on how smooth the hair was set on the flexi rods.

I did a flexi rod set yesterday after I washed. I used APB leave in and Keratase Oleo Relax Serum. I combed out the curls because I didn't like it. I have protein overload from yesterday's wash so my hair feels very dry. My roots are so hard to stretch whether I use roller sets or flexi rods... So aggravating. Anyone else have this problem or is it just me? I have some curl formers which are the extra wide and long ones that I might try to see if that will help me. I'm interested in the barrel ones though cause I don't particularly care for spiral curls on myself.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

Attachments

• image-3613200542.jpg
    image-3613200542.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 86
I did a flexi rod set yesterday after I washed. I used APB leave in and Keratase Oleo Relax Serum. I combed out the curls because I didn't like it. I have protein overload from yesterday's wash so my hair feels very dry. My roots are so hard to stretch whether I use roller sets or flexi rods... So aggravating. Anyone else have this problem or is it just me? I have some curl formers which are the extra wide and long ones that I might try to see if that will help me. I'm interested in the barrel ones though cause I don't particularly care for spiral curls on myself. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos
how many weeks post are you? Getting a touchup helped me out a lot. And mixing a teaspoon of salt with 1/2 cup of conditioner helped too. I mixed that with tresemme naturals or suave almond and shea.

how many weeks post are you? Getting a touchup helped me out a lot. And mixing a teaspoon of salt with 1/2 cup of conditioner helped too. I mixed that with tresemme naturals or suave almond and shea.

I'm close to 5 months post. Hmmm.. I may need to try that then cause my hair is a dried up mess smh. I might just try the curl formers cause girl these roots are tight as all get out.

I need to set this weekend! I skipped last weekend and honestly I feel like my hair could make it another week. However, i am going to dust off my rollers Sunday for a good deep condition and rollersetting session!

I did a flexi rod set yesterday after I washed. I used APB leave in and Keratase Oleo Relax Serum. I combed out the curls because I didn't like it. I have protein overload from yesterday's wash so my hair feels very dry. My roots are so hard to stretch whether I use roller sets or flexi rods... So aggravating. Anyone else have this problem or is it just me? I have some curl formers which are the extra wide and long ones that I might try to see if that will help me. I'm interested in the barrel ones though cause I don't particularly care for spiral curls on myself.

My roots are impossible to stretch too. Maybe if my roots cooperated I wouldn't have to blow them out :ohwell:

I did a flexi rod set yesterday after I washed. I used APB leave in and Keratase Oleo Relax Serum. I combed out the curls because I didn't like it. I have protein overload from yesterday's wash so my hair feels very dry. My roots are so hard to stretch whether I use roller sets or flexi rods... So aggravating. Anyone else have this problem or is it just me? I have some curl formers which are the extra wide and long ones that I might try to see if that will help me. I'm interested in the barrel ones though cause I don't particularly care for spiral curls on myself. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos
flyygirlll2 My roots are hard to stretch too. When I do a roller set or flexi-rod set, my roots behave only for the first day or two. Now with Curlformers, I'm on day 4 and my roots are still stretched with MINOR reversion. I am 14 weeks post relaxer, but my hair feels like it's only about 6 or 7 weeks post relaxer. The barrel Curlformers are the best at stretching my roots and providing a curl similar to the curl achieved from a roller set. :yep:

Why didn't someone tell me years ago that a roller set is so easy?

It's only my second time and you can't tell me nothing about these popping Dallas/Hollywood curls.

I used 2 packs of $5 extra cheap traditional plastic rollers, a $1.99 box of metal clasps, an $8 bonnet attachment for the dryer and a ripped up laundry bag for the net.

Dominicans ain't even that cheap.

Eta...might donate these curl formers to a friend in need...or my sister. She has so much dang hair she could always use a set.

its 4am. I'm about to get in this shower and get to washing! I just remember to wash my hair in sections since I am super texlaxed now! I bought some Diane alligator clips. The goody ones were so cheaply made!

4 am? Please tell me you got some sleep first

4 am? Please tell me you got some sleep first
I tried to get some, but it wasn't happening. I gave up and decided to do it, while I had some quiet time! Lol I got some mesh rollers in now. I haven't set my hair on rollers in so long, so it took a long time and I was just doing whatever to get them on my head! Lol I didn't really do a Mohawk pattern, but I will try next time. image-65302098.jpg

image-3515569153.jpg

Last edited:
Set came out nice, but I will use less setting lotion and I need to go up a size on the rollers if I want to bun and not wear my hair out.

image-2670711477.jpg

Set came out nice, but I will use less setting lotion and I need to go up a size on the rollers if I want to bun and not wear my hair out.

Looks good! Did you flat iron your roots? I might roller set tomorrow. I want to avoid flat ironing my roots but I don't think I can avoid that with the way my hair is.

Looks good! Did you flat iron your roots? I might roller set tomorrow. I want to avoid flat ironing my roots but I don't think I can avoid that with the way my hair is. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos
yes I had to! Lol and thank you! I'm texlaxed now, so I have to in order to have straighter roots. But if I use smaller rollers and wear it curly, I don't have to flat iron. I may do that next time.

yes I had to! Lol and thank you! I'm texlaxed now, so I have to in order to have straighter roots. But if I use smaller rollers and wear it curly, I don't have to flat iron. I may do that next time.

Girl sometimes I feel like my roots are made of steel lol. The last time I flat ironed it, I used 400 degrees and it reverted the next day smh.

Back