Setting to Success 2013

Lissa0821

Rollersetting has done wonders for my hair. My ends seems to stay smooth much longer with the roller over air drying. I am still working on cutting down long it takes me to roll my hair. I have also gotten much better with pin curling my hair after a rollerset for a few days. I got a pretty bad layered cut and I able to camouflage it well with my rollersets.

bebezazueta

Enjoying flexi rods on moisturized air dried hair. I moisturize with my shea butter mix and use 4 rods for this style. 1 on each side. 1 at the crown & 1 at the nape. I spiral roll on the rod. Sleep in overnight.

Below is what it looks like after 12 hours of work & doing house work. Oh my hair was a sweaty mess cause I been protective styling and working out daily. I took it down. Moisturized and rolled on rods. LOL! Lazy.

Attachments

• image-3083599908.jpg
    image-3083599908.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 81

Jobwright

I want my hair like Nia's. What size rollers do you think?

Attachments

• image-2705727240.jpg
    image-2705727240.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 85

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Disappeared for a minute. Rollerset this past weekend. Went back to my reliable CHI SI and I felt like a brand new women. I also found myself re wetting my hair periodically and that made rollersetting easier too.

Please excuse my iPhone

brownb83

I'm still loving my perm rod sets!

It's hiding all of this new growth.

I had to use a lot of rollers though

klsjackson

Still roller setting weekly and all is well. I have found that the red and purple rollers give me the best styles and results. Also, I tried various setting lotions only to return to my beloved Lottabody.

Fhrizzball

I've been doing curlformers set lately although they never last as long as I would like. I might order some more as I think it's the seperation that shortens the life of them for me. I have some jumbo perm rods and flexirods I would like to try too. Regular rollersetting never worked out right for me but I guess practice makes perfect.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Deep conditioned on dry hair with something from Shescentit (was trying to use it up...success)
Washed with Beautiful Curls Shea Shampoo
Conditioned with Silk Dreams Destination Hydration
Roller set with a tiny bit of coconut oil and Silk Dreams Wheat Germ conditioner

In the cooler months, I add oil before I rollerset. It does weigh my hair down a bit however, I find that I can go longer without moisturizing, so I don't mind it. After taking out the rollers, I put my hair in a high pineapple. I do this not to maintain the curls, but to stretch out the roots.

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Put it in a side ponytail for the day. I have an appt to get senegalese twists on the 21st so this will be my last set until December. I will be sure to post the styles I turn this set into until my braid appt though. Hoping this set will last until then. :)

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I turned the direction of rollers because its hard to pull them straight. I also pulled out this kanechom Shea butter that was hiding behind my bathroom door for like a year and it made my two textures so manageable I set my hair in less than 20 minutes. It was smooth city.

Attachments

• image-1701771035.jpg
    image-1701771035.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 103
  • image-2353868546.jpg
    image-2353868546.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

back2relaxed

I'm back to rollersetting as well. I've actually gotten quicker at roller placement, and determined what products work for me.

After washing and d/c, I add my leave ins, Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer and Elasta QP H2 Leave In, I then spray w/Keracare setting lotion(diluted w/water). I detangle each section w/a small comb prior to roller placement, and add (gasp)Motions Firm Hold Foam. I know Motions has not that great ingredients, but it makes my hair dry faster, doesn't weigh it down, and makes the curls stay much longer. Before sitting under the dryer I spray the set w/Elasta QP Reflect Oil Sheen.

I sit under the dryer for about 45 minutes, and then finger style. As I am 10 weeks post, I have been flat ironing the roots only. While my hair still as parts in it, I add my scalp treatment, favorite natural oils and (gasp) grease! I just started reusing B&B Super Gro. I don't really add moisture everyday, just as needed.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Did a braidout on previous rollerset hair. Did 2 big braids using cond/water mix and coconut oil. Of course, it will probably go in a ponytail before the day is out. lol

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Think I will go ahead and try rollersetting with my new snap on magnetics. I won't expect any sleekness, but I will probably do a stretched twist out to wear to work next Monday.

sharifeh

Has anyone here tried the Ethiopian rollers yet?
I want to try them next... I ordered them

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Blairx0

no time to set over the weekend, but I am under the dryer now. This warm air is putting me to sleep! I plan to put some heat on my roots after take down, but we will see

Lissa0821

I am giving myself a touch up today and plan to exclusively roller set for the remainder of the year. No blow drying or flat ironing of any kind.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
High bun for the next 3 or 4 days. Used some castor oil around the edges before applying brown eco styler gel. I hate hard hair, and this always leaves my hair soft.

Last edited:

brownb83

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131020_201149.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131020_201149.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 47
  • ForumRunner_20131020_201204.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131020_201204.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 51