September 26,27,28..What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans?

Wash day!

Prepooed with EVCO
Washed with ORS aloe
Used Aphogee 2 minute then DCed with Matrix biolage aqua immersion
Used safflower oil, APB's honey almond leave in, and a bit of APB's hair pudding
Did a light trim on my ends then flexiroded

I keep itching to attempted a rollers but then I think about all the work and change my mind. One day, one day soon.

I think I will shampoo and DC my next off day...monday.

this morning:

pre-poo/dc- j monique bentonite & rhassoul detox mask

poo w/ sm yucca & baobab/ loreal evercurl cleansing con.

color w/ bigen semi-premanent in intensive red

con w/ ion inspried by nature hydrating masque

Aunt Flo is in town so that, combined with already not wanting to deal with my hair, is making this wash day short and sweet.

Prepoo/Detangle/Cleanse: Shea Moisture Purification Mask
Light Protein DC: BASK Vanilla Whiskey
Leave In: Either Darcy's Pumpkinseed or Ynobe Flaxseed Smoothie
Air Dry in Twists

I have decided I am going to cut and color it myself. More than likely the second weekend in October since we have a fall break coming up. I can't wait because styling my hair is really getting on my nerves. :rolleyes:

I ended up also doing a moisture DC with Curl Junkie Rehab. My hair this time around felt a little balanced so I followed up with CJ.

I also ended up using the Rehab as my leave in. I will get up in the morning and style it, probably flat twist into a bun or something.

Last edited:
In a few minutes, I'm going to...

Color this gray with Garnier Olia in Dk Brown
DC with KBB Mask

I may attempt a Flexi-rod set but that's pretty ambitious I will probably end up air-drying and bunning -- my usual.

I did a lot yesterday lol but I really like how it turned out

-Overnight prepoo with EVCO
-Next morning prepood with shea moisture tahitian noni masque for 1 hour
-Cleanse with elucence moisture benefits
-Applied elucence moisture balance conditioner for 5 minutes and lightly detangled
-DC'd with shea moisture manuka honey masque
-Applied SSI coco cream leave in
-Rollerset in 4 sections using Nairobi foam wrap
-Flat ironed roots
-Put in about 12 flexi rods since I wasn't going anywhere until later

Results before separating:

Attachments

• image-3925784431.jpg
    image-3925784431.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 23
This was a big weekend. I was working to lighten my hair after having it darken from last week's tea rinse. That was my first time doing a tea rinse. I thought that if I mixed equal parts green and black tea it wouldn't affect my color, but I still ended up being very dark brown, without the lighter streaks that I like. To add insult to injury, it didn't cover my grays.

Friday night I prepooed w honey and condition - I used honey to help lighten my hair.

Saturday I used my new Chagrin Vallley henna shampoo bar. I used chestnut, which was supposed to leave dark red/ brown highlights w continued use. It smells earthy and lathers well. I shampooed twice and left it on ten minutes each time. Then I did a tea rinse of chamomile, rosemary and hibiscus. I left that in my hair ten minutes. On top of the tea I uses a hot oil treatment of olive, caster, ricebran and wheat germ oil. I sat under the dryer for ten minutes.

After the hot oil I used ORS conditioner mixed w Cassius, alma, fenugreek, hibiscus, and camomile tea, plus a dollop of honey. I sat under the dryer for forty minutes w this. Finally I co washed w one of Naturelle growths conditioner three times,and allowed it sit in my hair a few minutes after the last washing.

The final results were very soft hair with a definite lightening in color. I have the auburn henna shampoo bar as well, which I will try next week. I'm hoping that with continued usage I will be able to cover some of my grays. I did notice that some of the grays now have color, but the roots of the ones in my hairline are still gray.

Last edited:
I did a lot yesterday lol but I really like how it turned out

-Overnight prepoo with EVCO
-Next morning prepood with shea moisture tahitian noni masque for 1 hour
-Cleanse with elucence moisture benefits
-Applied elucence moisture balance conditioner for 5 minutes and lightly detangled
-DC'd with shea moisture manuka honey masque
-Applied SSI coco cream leave in
-Rollerset in 4 sections using Nairobi foam wrap
-Flat ironed roots
-Put in about 12 flexi rods since I wasn't going anywhere until later

Results before separating:
:lick::lick:
Beautiful results. How do you like the shea moisture manuka honey masque. I have been seeing this product a lot lately. I am tempted to break my staple-only-purchase promise.
veesweets

Currently prepooing with APB ayurvedic masque mixed with SD mocha silk infusion
I also have Phillip Kingsley exfoliating masque on my scalp ( first time trying this although i've had it for months)
Will cleanse with AIA coconut cowash
DC with SD RCA
Leave ins: SD wheat germ butter conditioner
Seal and twist with MHC buttery soy creme
Monday morning: cornrow extensions using more MHC buttery soy.

Aunt Flo is in town so that, combined with already not wanting to deal with my hair, is making this wash day short and sweet.

Prepoo/Detangle/Cleanse: Shea Moisture Purification Mask
Light Protein DC: BASK Vanilla Whiskey
Leave In: Either Darcy's Pumpkinseed or Ynobe Flaxseed Smoothie
Air Dry in Twists

I have decided I am going to cut and color it myself. More than likely the second weekend in October since we have a fall break coming up. I can't wait because styling my hair is really getting on my nerves. :rolleyes:

I ended up also doing a moisture DC with Curl Junkie Rehab. My hair this time around felt a little balanced so I followed up with CJ.

I also ended up using the Rehab as my leave in. I will get up in the morning and style it, probably flat twist into a bun or something.

See bold.

-shampoo with abs, scalp wasn't clean so I shampooed using pantene
-dc using SD and avocado oil
-attempted to detangle with tresemme naturals smh my hair was soooo tangled(I am blaming the poo) I only managed to do half of my head.
*sigh*
another wash day from hell :sad:

:lick::lick:
Beautiful results. How do you like the shea moisture manuka honey masque. I have been seeing this product a lot lately. I am tempted to break my staple-only-purchase promise.
@veesweets

Thanks ladies!!

ronie I thought the masque was just okay, but this was only my first time trying it. Didn't seem like anything spectacular as far as slip or moisture. I dont see it making staple status yet.

Went to the salon Wash/Set/Blowdry,SSI Blueberry co/wash,NG Orange & Hibiscus Mask 45min,KJ raspberry detangle leave-in,Heritage soft creamy horsetail butter little on scalp & ice blow dry serum on ends..

Hair is very soft silky..

Happy Hair Growing!

Pre-poo: SM Purification Mask on Roots, EVA NY Soften Up Conditioner on ends
Wash: Elucence Clarifying Shampoo
Deep Condition: Nexxus Emergencee with heat (blowdried for 5 minutes to harden), then OBIA Babasau Deep Conditioner several hours, including HOT cap for 20 minutes
Leave In: Aphogee Moisture Leave In and CON with Argan Oil Leave In
Sealed: Nubian Heritage Extra-Virgin Olive Oil and Moringa Repair and Extend Hair Butter
Style: 2 pony banding :)

Last edited:
Interlocking my locs now since I didn't do it yesterday.:ohwell: Will palmroll the ends with Aloe Vera Gel to help cut down on the fuzziness.

Back