September 2022: Hits & Misses

Hit: Joico Defy Damage Protective Masque: I have had this in my stash for quite some time and wow did it deliver. Why didnt I use this sooner?! No heat required and my hair felt awesome after 5 minutes. Too bad it only comes in a small container. I may only get 2 uses out of it.

Hit
Ion Hard Water Shampoo. I was surprised how gentle it is for a hard water shampoo. Hair felt clean and soft, not stripped. It's a keeper! It just may replace my beloved ORS aloe shampoo. I still love that one, but it's becoming harder to find in stores since ORS came out with their rice water shampoo.

Miss
Proclaim spray on glosser. Everytime I spray it on my hair, it looks dull which is the opposite effect I'm looking for, lol. So strange. Planning on exchanging it for something else.

Last edited:
Miss
not washing my hair for three weeks
Curlsmith Post-Biotic Calming conditioner
The Doux Push it Braid and Edge gel
Okay. I have to take the, The doux Push it product off the miss it. My Braidout softened up. It didn’t feel gummy and there was definition today. It’s not an amazing hit because of the texture but it will do if I need a non watery product for hold in the winter.

Hit: Taliah Wajiid Moisture Bamboo & Coconut Milk Strengthening Leave-in Conditioner: long name but this works so well. my hair feels moisturized and soft for days plus it smells so good. This will replace scurl for me to moisturize my hair in braids.

Hits
The Doux Mousse Def and the BeeGirl Crazy Sexy Curl Setting Foam: these are excellent for wash-n-gos. Medium hold and great definition, and work well regardless of if I'm using a cream or gel for my style. Don't like them for twist-outs though - they seem to reduce the amount of hold/definition I get.

Back