Self-weavers who use weaving nets........

amazin9

are the tracks sewn to the net or the braids underneath the net? What is the purpose of the net? I am self weaving for the first time this weekend, and thinking about using the net method.....Please help:confused:

sprungonhairboards

The net is placed over the braids and the hair is sewn to the net. It is less stressful on the hair because you're not sewing directly on the braids and it makes the tracks lay flatter and smoother, no lumps. :grin:

amazin9

Thanks for your response!......Now I have another question. How does the net stay securely attached to the braids?

sprungonhairboards

Yeah what she said. For the sewing the net on part, I've never done it to myself but I've had it done and I can't imagine doing it myself not being able to really see and all. It could be kind of tricky. I'd probably skip the net if I was doing it on myself.

Growingitlong

Thanks for posting this question I have a few question on this. How do you moisturize your hair under the net? What direction woud you make the cornrows under the net, circular, vertical or horizontal)? Do you leave hair out in front to cover the wefts?

amazin9

bumping for responses...........I hope asummertyme responds. She has a picture of the net on her fotki!!!......:grin:

sprungonhairboards

Growingitlong said:
Thanks for posting this question I have a few question on this. How do you moisturize your hair under the net? What direction woud you make the cornrows under the net, circular, vertical or horizontal)? Do you leave hair out in front to cover the wefts?

How to moisturize underneath: I don't. But it's not meant to be permanant. I take it out in a reasonable amount of time (a couple of weeks at the most) and wash and condition my hair. I'm not into stretching a style at the expense of stinky dirty hair and it's hard to wash through fake hair and a net. Plus I worry about mildewing.

How to braid: It's up to you depending on the style you want and how you want it to lay, but it matters less when using the net because you dont have to worry about covering braids and scalp. And because you're sewing onto the net and not a particular braid, you can sew the hair on in any direction you want without having to "follow" along the braid.

Whether to leave hair out: It's up to you depending on the style you want and if/whether you want your edges showing.

asummertyme

here i am...lol..the ladies gave u great responces...the only thing i hate with the net is..when that sucka gets to intching..watch out nelly!! cause it is not a game, as far as moisturising the hair underneath..you can do so with an applicator tip..like WGO..or infusium just go inbetween the holes in the net and apply what ever you want to use with the applicator tip...i love the net because it deffinilty makes for a flatter weave..really flat and no lumps...but again, the itchy factor is on the high side!
i usually just braid the hair vertical a bunch of cornrows goin starit back, now wether u wanna leave hair in the front out is up to u..u can do a full head or leave some out in the front if u dont know how to do a full head...

good luck

Belladonna

asummertyme said:
here i am...lol..the ladies gave u great responces...the only thing i hate with the net is..when that sucka gets to intching..watch out nelly!! cause it is not a game, as far as moisturising the hair underneath..you can do so with an applicator tip..like WGO..or infusium just go inbetween the holes in the net and apply what ever you want to use with the applicator tip...i love the net because it deffinilty makes for a flatter weave..really flat and no lumps...but again, the itchy factor is on the high side!
i usually just braid the hair vertical a bunch of cornrows goin starit back, now wether u wanna leave hair in the front out is up to u..u can do a full head or leave some out in the front if u dont know how to do a full head...

good luck

I agree with Asummertyme;the net does mean a flatter weave. But Oh the itching! For relief and moisture I like Jane carter's scalp nourishing oil. It comes with a dropper. Great stuff.

TigerLily

asummertyme said:

good luck

Yep! When I weave I use a net. It's easier for me than sewing directly onto the braids. My head doesn't itch bad because I keep my head moisturized.