Self Relaxers (or salon too) what conditioner are using AFTER neutralizing?

cocoagirl

I know to use a mild protein before neutralizing but after neutralizing is it sufficient to use just a moisturizing conditioner? Or should one use a Protein condish then moisture condish after neutralizing? So should it be:

relax
protein cond
neutralize
moisture cond

or

relax
protein cond
neutralize
protein cond
moisture cond

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I self-relax with lye and I use Sally's GVP Cond Balm after neutralizing. My process is:

relax, protein cond, neutralize, moisturizing cond

Last edited:

Carisa

I mix alot of conditioners after relaxing such as nexxus humectress, ntm, and joico with olive oil and leave it in for at least 2-3 hrs- so mainly I relax, neutralize, use moisturizing and protein condish together

Leonine523

I self-relax with ORS Lye Normal Strength and follow the same steps as luving me. Relax, rinse, protein, neutralize, moisturizing conditioner. Because I like to use uber-moisturizing conditioners after relaxing, I choose Kenra MC.

cocoagirl

oh ok so basically a moisturizing condish should be enough after neutralizing...cool beans.. thanks ladies;-)

ATLcutey20

why not have the best of both worlds? i use ORS pak (moisture/protein) as my deep conditioner after neutralizing.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

The DC I use after neutralizing has both protein and moisture. It's Vitale Triple Moisture Reconstructer. Also I use the entire relaxer system and after rinsing the relaxer you apply After Glow for 1 min. then add neutralizing shampoo on top of that.

Sent from my Zio using Long Hair Care Forum App