Second Day ashy looking hair

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Is it just me that my hair looks ashy the day after it fully dries. ive tried so many leave ins and conditioners only to have my hair looking greyish the next day. the thing is that up until i fell asleep my hair looked as if it was really shiny and super defined. so far i have found one product that doesnt dry "ashily" in my hair but i go through it so fast.

im looking for any recommendations. no gels or gel like products please. would adding some oils or butters when i wash n go help?

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
That only happens to me if shea butter is high up in the list of ingredients.

I dont have any recommendations off top of my head but I will look when I get home today.

faithVA

[USER=19315 said:
Napp[/USER];19966375]Is it just me that my hair looks ashy the day after it fully dries. ive tried so many leave ins and conditioners only to have my hair looking greyish the next day. the thing is that up until i fell asleep my hair looked as if it was really shiny and super defined. so far i have found one product that doesnt dry "ashily" in my hair but i go through it so fast.

im looking for any recommendations. no gels or gel like products please. would adding some oils or butters when i wash n go help?

Give us an idea of the last 2 leave-ins/conditioners you used.

It is possible that you are low porosity and the products you are using are too heavy for your hair. As the previous poster said, shea butter high up on the list can definitely do it. I also find that lighter products work better than heavier products.

Sometimes using oils can break down the creaminess of the leave-in or conditioner and help your hair absorb it better. My hair generally doesn't do so well with butters which are extremely heavy.

Sometimes just adding extra water to it when I put it in my hand helps as well.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
what style was your hair dried in? some styles will result in shinier hair than others due to the smoother surface.

i used to have this problem a lot, but then i started rinsing my hair jet black on a regular basis. no worries anymore.