Sebastian Coffee Bean is Turning My Grey Green, Should I Henna?

janeemat

I always use Sebastian Coffee Bean when I get my relaxer. Now that it's washing out, my gray strands are green and people are noticing it. This is the second time this has happened, so I think that I'm going to have to give up the Seb. I even mixed Golden Walnut in it to try and combat it. I need something now to put on my hair to get rid of this green cast. Permanent color is not an option because my hair is relaxed. I've heard that demi might be the route to take. Bigen I hear leaves a green cast as well on gray hair. I may need to go to a colorist or something. Does henna cover gray and not cause damage. I would like to have dark brown hair. What are you ladies using for your gray strands? Please advise.

JLove74

janeemat said:
I always use Sebastian Coffee Bean when I get my relaxer. Now that it's washing out, my gray strands are green and people are noticing it. This is the second time this has happened, so I think that I'm going to have to give up the Seb. I even mixed Golden Walnut in it to try and combat it. I need something now to put on my hair to get rid of this green cast. Permanent color is not an option because my hair is relaxed. I've heard that demi might be the route to take. Bigen I hear leaves a green cast as well on gray hair. I may need to go to a colorist or something. Does henna cover gray and not cause damage. I would like to have dark brown hair. What are you ladies using for your gray strands? Please advise.

Since you'd like to have dark brown, I say do a 50/50 mix of henna and indigo. This will take care of your greys. be sure to get body art quality henna. It's completely safe.