Search feature

YuNg

I dont know if this have been addressed before but the search feature is kinda complex. When your trying to search by date. For example the "newer than" part. Also when i type in what i want to search for like "Vitamin B" i'll get everything but subjects that have "vitamin B" in it. I dont put subject and body just subject

sunnydey

I don't understand how to use the "Search" either.
The same thing happens to me as well. Can someone help us, please?

Bettie

You need to enter something for all the fields in order for it to work. Say for example:

I need information on ION conditioner and I want all posts.

I would type:

ION conditioner

I would not type a user name

I would type in the date spot all posts from the previous years

Click enter.

YuNg

yeah but you would more than likely get everything besides ION conditioner. Or alot of post with words that contain "ion" or say something like "leave-in conditioner" just for the simple fact it contains "conditioner". I think it should be changed.

YuNg

Im saying sometimes when i type in a word i dont get that word in the subject. I click subject only. Not subject and text. I'll type in Fish oil and get a whole bunch of post about essential oils

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
try +fish +oil like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. Always use the + symbol before the word.

JaneiR36

Also, is there a way to state how many results the search turned up, so we can know whether to refine the search terms.

And if the topics can be collapsed (like the listings on the individual boards), in case I know that the one I'm looking at isn't what I want, but don't want to click through 10 pages of it.