Sealing the Ends?

Redpoetess1

Sealing The Ends Tip 2
This is what I call 'ends sealing'. I have used this technique on myself and the clients whose hair I braid. After conditioning & towel squeezing, I section the hair and apply a medium sized amount of pressing oil (Use a light oil) While my hair is still damp, I fold aluminum foil over the ends. then I take a hot non-electric bumper curlers or flat iron and clamp it over the aluminum foil for 5-7 seconds. The temperature is not high but only fairly warm, just enough heat to lock in the oils penetrating the hair shaft. I make sure I only cover the aluminum not the hair. This will help a great deal with your ends if your ends have been constantly dry. The ends will soon stop shedding because you're locking in moisture down to the cortex also.

Does anyone use this technique and what have been your results? Also does it have to be a *non-electric* device or could it be an electric iron that I could use? PLease help!!

Leslie_C

I havent tried it but I want to..
I notice that when Ive gotten my hair done at the salon(flat ironed and wrapped) that my hair barely breaks or sheds for the life of the style...I know it has a lot with the ends being sealed so I think this is a good thing to do..

also, on another thread it was said that u can use an electric one, u just let it get hot and then unplug it. I didnt want to try this with my expensive ceramic iron so I got a cheap 6.99 jibere iron at the BSS for this purpose. Maybe Ill try it in the next few days but Im out of foil right now!

Wildflower

Grow, hair,Grow!!!
when I do that, I use my regular curling iron, but I make sure that when it touches the foil it's turned off. I did it a few times. I also got very food results wuth the baggie technique

Leslie_C

Red,
I know the question was to wildflower but I was thinking that its probably on high because if they say use a hot non electric one, I KNOW they get HOTHOTHOT. those are the marcels!