Saying it again!

ThursdayGirl

Smooth n Shine curl activator gel (for normal hair) is really awesome. I have used it for the last 3 weeks to set my hair on curlers or in a twist set for twist out... and my hair is so soft and feels moist. I love it! (and this from someone transitioning from relaxer to 4a natural hair).

Last edited:

Nanyanika

Does it elongnate your 4a coils? I may give it a try Tai, recommened this gel to me sometime ago and i hadn't got round to purchasing it.

ThursdayGirl

den1 said:
Does it elongnate your 4a coils? I may give it a try Tai, recommened this gel to me sometime ago and i hadn't got round to purchasing it.

Somewhat, yes...but its hard for me to tell because I'm always styling with some kind of texture (braidouts twistouts). Last night I did a set with rollers and that did elongate the coils. What I notice most is that it helps with definition. I see more coils clumping together and keeping a nice shape than when I don't use it. I also find that the hold is nice too... not too stiff.

Last edited:

LiqueXX

Someone (I forget who, sorry) recommended this product for wash n gos but I have yet to find it. I will be on the look out because I think this product might really work for me.

joyous

I will have to give this a second try. I used this during my transition and my hair hated it. Anyway I'm going to try again since I have a nearly full bottle.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I use the extra dry formula and I love it. I use it for wash and goes and I also mix it with honeybush tea gel and qhemets alma & olive heavy cream for my twists. I just picked up the proclaim aloe vera gel and their activator but I havent tried it yet.