Satin covered rollers vs reg rollers used with end papers

rayne

Are satin covered rollers really better than the regular ones? I mean they're both still foam. Also, are the regular rollers ok if you use end papers with them???

I'm asking because my mother still uses the regualar ones and I told her that was a no-no. But, she said she wraps end papers around the hair before rolling it up. So that made me wonder if she really needs the satin ones. Should I still get them for her?

kitchen_tician

I used to use the regular sponge rollers with end papers for years, but once I saw the satin ones in Walmart a couple of years ago, I switched. I think it makes it easier to roll the hair with the satin ones, so you won't have to put the end papers on each roller. But I think the end papers do a good job of protecting the hair as well, but I could be mistaken. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Kha

For me personally, the satins rollers are way better. Those end papers tend to absorb the moisture and oils from the ends of my hair. The satin ones don't do that. I haven't used them in awhile, but my Mom does and there is a distinct difference in her curls. HTH...

rayne

Kha, I was thinking the same thing about the end papers absorbing moisture. And like Kithchen_tician said, I think the satin ones would be more convienent too. Ok I'm convinced, I'm going to buy the satin rollers.Thanks ladies.