Satin Cap or Scarf vs Stocking Cap

TwistNMx

I was looking at hairstyles recommended to me on motowngirl.com. They mention wearing a stocking cap at night.
I just remembered when I was a child how I saw other people wear stocking caps on their heads over=night with braids.
They had long hair too.
I use a satin cap...have for over 4 years now.
So I'm just wondering if it's detrimental to use a stocking cap because many people here like myself use a satin cap.

HP

RZILYNT

I would not think it would matter. Most hosiery is made of silk or nylon, neither are drying to the hair. I would be cautious of anything that was of a cotton fabric that would pull moisture away from the hair.

wheezy807

I'm using a silk scarf. But by morning the scarf is off my head and somewhere in the bed. Now i'm experimenting with wearing the stocking cap over my silk scarf. It's working pretty well not to mention i have satin pillowcases as reinforcement.

TwistNMx

wheezy807,
I've tried the scarves and they don't last 5 minutes on my head.
To risk looking crazy...out of my mind, :confused: I wonder if it would work with the satin cap on top of the stocking cap?

HoneyDew

I find that the ones that tie down tightly keep my hair flatter (NG needs that). I like this one:

I don't wear it like the picture though. I wrap it tightly around 2 times and tuck the end under the wrap.

It will come off though. I tie a batik scarf/bandana on top of it to keep it secure.

It really does make my NG lay down flat and nicely. Bonnets did not do that well for me.

TwistNMx

HoneyDew said:
I find that the ones that tie down tightly keep my hair flatter (NG needs that). I like this one:

I don't wear it like the picture though. I wrap it tightly around 2 times and tuck the end under the wrap.

It will come off though. I tie a batik scarf/bandana on top of it to keep it secure.

It really does make my NG lay down flat and nicely. Bonnets did not do that well for me.
That's the one I tried. It did not stay on a minute.
Maybe my head is too big. :lol:
I notice that this is christina's scarf. I use christina's hair bonnet, but it's only good for a week or two, then it's back to the BSS. So I don't know if I want to continue this way.

HoneyDew

High Priestess said:
That's the one I tried. It did not stay on a minute.
Maybe my head is too big. :lol:
I notice that this is christina's scarf. I use christina's hair bonnet, but it's only good for a week or two, then it's back to the BSS. So I don't know if I want to continue this way.

Well, I have to put it on and then wrap it in the back and bring it around to tie the front. It is on tight just like a stiocking cap. It is so long - I doubt your head it too big. It is just so slippy that it cannot stay on alone. Mine would not stay on if I did not secure the wrap with a regular scarf - I use a cotton batik one.

Girl, if the satin cap works, I say stick with it. I cannot get them to work right for me. :look: I cannot get my NG to lay down overnight as well and for some reason. It does not really hold my style as much overnight as the wrapping scarf does.

Tee

I use a scarf first then I will put a satin bonnet on top of it most night. (just in case the scarf slip off.)

Tee

I use a scarf first then I will put a satin bonnet on top of it most night. (just in case the scarf slip off.)

chayil0427

I use a satin bonnet...works very well. When you say stocking cap...do you mean hoisery cap or stocking cap like the winter whooly knitted cap?

Chayil

Nella

I use a satin cap for rollersets. When wrapping my hair I use a scarf to tie it down and then apply the satin cap. I like the satin cap because, it keeps your hair looking good.

candy1214

i find that the triangle scarves (ones shaped like a triangle) stay on thru the night. The big square ones that you have to fold or wrap slide off.

TwistNMx

chayil0427 said:
I use a satin bonnet...works very well. When you say stocking cap...do you mean hoisery cap or stocking cap like the winter whooly knitted cap?

Chayil
That's probably what I mean. :lol: