Salon Horror Stories

skegeesmb

skegeesmb, did you go back and show that woman what she did to you?!

If that was me...I don't even think I'd be sitting here right now. I'd probably be in jail, doing 25 to life. :nono:

She blamed it on me and said it fell out because I didn't use the shampoo and conditioners she recommended (just a shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair which I DID use). I couldn't go back because I wanted to beat her with a bag of nickels!

Tanji

I have two stories:

I went to a hair salon and the hair dresser was new to me as I had just moved to this city. Her natural hair was FIERCE! So why did she wash my 4BZZZZ hair, not put any conditioner in, put me under the dryer WITHOUT DETANGLING and then try to blow dry my DRY hair with a comb attachment. I walked out.

The next time, was THE LAST STRAW. A black, male hair dresser. :nono: I had all even, two inches below SL hair. I wanted this cut:

WHY DID I LEAVE THE SALON LOOKING LIKE:

I was beyond LIVID! :angry2::angry2: I asked him if he was blind??!! As I was getting in my car, the salon owner said "Oh, your hair looks cute" to make me feel better. I must have shot her the look of death 'cause she scurried her butt to the back of the salon.

Needless to say, that was my LAST salon visit.:nono:
I'm so sorry to laugh, but those are some crazy funny stories. She what your hair???

la mosca

She blamed it on me and said it fell out because I didn't use the shampoo and conditioners she recommended (just a shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair which I DID use). I couldn't go back because I wanted to beat her with a bag of nickels!

Oh great--so in other words, you're a liar, and her special shampoo and conditioner contain the Balm of Gilead.
I would have wanted to :hardslap:

Amerie123

long story short, in august of this year, i really believe that this male stylist got mad cuz i wouldn't let him trim my hair (there's reasons why i believe he got mad). I told him that i already trimmed it, which was perfectly fine (see siggy). so, since i told him no, i feel like he took it upon him self to use way too much heat. so, the finish product is in my siggy, but from that day on, i've experienced breakage. =(

currently, my hair hasn't been touched in over 9 weeks. and i'm praying and hoping that the DCs and treatments, special TLC, etc, will help the situation. I will be able to see what's going on in about 2 more weeks when i take this braid out. (BTW, its under my wig. lol. and fuzzy as all get out).

dachsies_rule!

When i was still trying to find a stylist i went to this lady recommended by this lady at my job. Her hair always looked nice and healthy and was about shoulder length.

When i get to the shop the stylist B___ was working on somebody and told me i could have a seat in another chair. About 5 minutes later this young chic walks up and starts basing my scalp...no introduction or nothing. So, i figured B___ must use her for basing so she wouldn't have to do it. WRONG! Next thing i know this young chic is putting relaxer in my hair.

I'm like "wait a minute, i made an appointment with B___. Who are you?"

She's like "oh, i'm K__ and do all the processing, B__ just cuts and styles"

I was too through 'cause i don't like stylist who don't do the whole service. Then when K__ is washing the relaxer out i had to keep telling her to lift my head and wash the nape. Do you know she had the nerve to get an attitude. While i was under the dryer her and this other lady were talking and looking at me and rolling their eyes. I wanted to cuss her out, but she still had to wash the DC out my head and i didn't want her messing it up on purpose.

When K__ is done washing me, she takes me back to the front, sits me in the chair and just walks away. B__ is working on a new lady while chatting with another one and i'm like :rolleyes:. So after about 10 minutes i realized K__ wasn't coming back and B__ wasn't worried about me. I got up, combed my own hair out, asked her how much i owed her and rolled out...never to return.

tenderheaded

I got a coupon for 50% off at Hair Cuttery so I decided to get my hair relaxed and colored. She did the permanent color first. I asked how long before I could get a relaxer. She said "2 weeks".

Two weeks later I come in with a barrette holding my hair back and get my hair relaxed. After drying she hurriedly but the comb in a drawer and I gave her my barrette to put back in my hair. It wouldn't fit:nono: She said it was because my hair was too straight.

Long story short - you cannot do perm color then relax:wallbash: She should have known that. ALL my hair fell out over a 3 mo period. It went from apl to not enough to grab between your thumb and forefinger:nono:

I found out later that she was going to work for another shop and wanted to get my money one last time!!!!!

poookie

to finally this Jul 08:

My hair didn't stop falling out until July 2009. So I have been cutting every couple of months to cut out the damaged hair. I dyed my hair back to the brown due to growing out the color. I will never have a relaxer and lighten my hair at the same time again.

wow! that's a drastic cut. so sorry for your experience & damage... but honey that color was GORGEOUS!!!