Salerm Wheat Germ Mask vs. Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm

tryn2growmyhair

Neither of the leave-ins from this line have worked for my hair but I keep hearing good things about the Wheat Germ Mask vs. the Ultra Hydrating Bomb. I recently had a jacked up touch up and am trying to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Which one would you recommend for a deep conditioner? I looked at those two because I wanted something without mineral oil in it. However, I heard that WGM has isopropyl (rubbing alcohol) in it. What's up with that? TIA.

mrslee

Love yourself first!
tryn2growmyhair said:
Neither of the leave-ins from this line have worked for my hair but I keep hearing good things about the Wheat Germ Mask vs. the Ultra Hydrating Bomb. I recently had a jacked up touch up and am trying to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Which one would you recommend for a deep conditioner? I looked at those two because I wanted something without mineral oil in it. However, I heard that WGM has isopropyl (rubbing alcohol) in it. What's up with that? TIA.
I love both products but feel the Biolage has a slight edge on the salerm.

carameldlite

I haven't tried the Salerm Wheat Germ Mask, but I have to say that the Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm is awesome!! It gave me incredible slip and I have 4a/4b hair and am 4 months post-relaxer.

tryn2growmyhair

carameldlite said:
I haven't tried the Salerm Wheat Germ Mask, but I have to say that the Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm is awesome!! It gave me incredible slip and I have 4a/4b hair and am 4 months post-relaxer.
Thanks. Can anyone post the ingredients?

tryn2growmyhair

I found the ingredients for Biolage online. Whaddayathink?:

Ingredients:
Water/Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Lanolin, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Tricontanyl PVP, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Shea Butter Fruit/Butyrospermum ParkII, Algae Extract/Algae, Safe Leaf Extract/Salvia Officinalis, Pollen Extract, Saponaria Officinalis Extract/Saponaria Officinalis, Silk Amino Acid, Wheat Germ Oil, Wheat Germ Oil/Triticum Vulgare, Lemongrass Extract/Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (D4525/1)

luvSLave

Oh my, I L:love:VE both of these products!

I don't think the alcohol in the Salerm does any harm. I think it's purpose it to stabilize or solubilize some of the other ingerdients. That being said, on my hair the Biolage is slightly more moisturizing while the Salerm does wonders with detangling. I rotate them as moisturizing deep conditioners up until the 7th or 8th week post relaxer, then it's all Salerm, all the time. And, in case it's important to you, the Biolage smells better.

tryn2growmyhair

Thanks so much guys, smell is VERY important to me. I was just at the BSS store and I bought the biolage. Right now my hair needs moisture, moisture, moisture.

Avaya

Is this Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm something that can be used everyday like a daily mosturizer or is it a leave-in?

luvSLave

PrincessAvaya said:
Is this Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm something that can be used everyday like a daily mosturizer or is it a leave-in?
It's a conditioner that you rinse out. I'm sure you could use a little as a leave in if you're so inclined.

pbuckley

Just wanted to rave about the Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm, bought some from BJ's wholesale, great price, anywhoo. My daughter has 4a natural hair. I did a condtioner wash with just this product. I was able to comb through her hair with the conditioner in it with my Jilbere shower comb and she did not scream ouch not once!!! I put her hair in small twist plates, not one OUCH! I used it on my relaxed 4a/4b hair on the following day. SLIP SLIP SLIP for days very moisturiezed! ITS A KEEPER!

taraglam2

Salerm Wheat Germ is on my to buy list (hopefully the last product I will be trying out) ...Just used Biolage and liked the results of my hair! Also used the Biolage Fortifying Leave-In Treatment--strengthens weak, overworked hair---I like it.

Nice

I just gave away my Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm and the Leave-in :cry:

Oh well, I still have the salerm and I looove it!!

tryn2growmyhair

Biolage UHB is the balm. I even bought Kenra Intensive Emollient and Biolage has even that BEAT! I will not use Salerm because I am spending way too much on hair products, salerm is a smaller size and, most importantly, salerm wgm has RUBBING ALCOHOL IN IT!

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
tryn2growmyhair said:

Girl you tryna start a fight :lachen:? But seriously my opinion is biased since I only tried the Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm so my vote goes to that. Plus I get more IMO in ounce in terms of price. But seriously if you can get both and come to your own conclusion.

sithembile

I haven't tried the Salerm, but I definitely didn't like the Biolage. I have 4b relaxed hair, and it gave me slip but no moisture. My hair didn't feel shiny, soft or moist when it was dried.

Leshia

carameldlite said:

Oh wow. *eyes WIDE** Well, I'm not impressed with SWGM so I'm going to give this hydrating balm a try for sure! Darn, they just had it on sale at Ulta. Yeah, that salerm...for me, nuthin'. No moisture...NUTHIN'.