SAA or Ceramides for thin hair

geminilive

I was wondering if any of us were having success with Silk Amino Acids or Ceramides. If so how do you use and what brands are you using?
TIA

Brownie518

Well, I didn't start using SAA for thin hair. I used it to improve the condition of my hair and it works. I use it in my leave ins, conditioners, with relaxers, and sometimes just by itself. I get mine from www.lotioncrafter.com. I got Redken Extreme Rescue Force and Deep Fuel for the ceramides. I love these two treatments. I also got the Loreal Natures Therapy Mega Repair for its ceramide-r.
Anyway, using the silk has made my hair stronger, silkier, and stronger. You should definitely try it.
(I have been using castor oil and amla oil to thicken up :yep:)

newflowers

I use both for different purposes, they work well. There is a thread about using ceramides - I'll see if I can find and bump it.

LABETT

I have been using Silicon Mix and Sedal Ceramide Rinse and my hair loves this product and they had been very effective.

AKA-Tude

does anyone know where you can get ceramides by themselves, like we can get SAA?

When you find out, let us know!!

I have tried to find 'ceramides' only, but to no avail.

I did run across a site that seemed to have them, but they were SO expensive, I opted not to pursue it any further.

Happy Hunting!!!

Leslie_C

Well, I didn't start using SAA for thin hair. I used it to improve the condition of my hair and it works. I use it in my leave ins, conditioners, with relaxers, and sometimes just by itself. I get mine from www.lotioncrafter.com. I got Redken Extreme Rescue Force and Deep Fuel for the ceramides. I love these two treatments. I also got the Loreal Natures Therapy Mega Repair for its ceramide-r.
Anyway, using the silk has made my hair stronger, silkier, and stronger. You should definitely try it.

How much do you add and how do u mix it into your products? Im about to purchase some originally for my eyelashes, but plan to use it for my hair too. I guess Id better get a bigger bottle bc I thought I only needed a few drops for my mascara.

lexi08

I second the Rescue Force and Deep Fuel Treatments. They are both good products. I am going to order the SAA from lotion crafters. How much SAA are you adding to your leave-ins? How much SAA do you use alone? Thanks

Leslie_C

I second the Rescue Force and Deep Fuel Treatments. They are both good products. I am going to order the SAA from lotion crafters. How much SAA are you adding to your leave-ins? How much SAA do you use alone? Thanks

how often do you use those conditioners? Are they supposed to be for moisture or protein?

Royal Glory

I like using Aurora Silk's, pure silk treatment. It really helps with adding a gentle protein and with fullness for fine hair.

I still have occassional breakage, though and want to try ceramides to help with that protein-moisture balance since I use a no-lye relaxer.

geminilive

Thanks ladies for all your responses. I will def. try the Redken products and I had already ordered the SAA from lotioncrafters for the eyelash benefits now I am going to try it in some hair products

Has anyone used ceramides post relaxer the same day or during the first post relaxer wash?