My hair thrives on Glycerine/S-Curl...anyone else?

sheba125

Since I started using S-curl in November my hair has been thriving. I used it with my cornrows diluted a little, and with my daily sock bun. I can truly say that my hair been so moist since using S-curl. I ran out a couple of days ago and my hair started to get "crunchie". I ran out to CVS and bought a new bottle (I am pissed that it was 5.99) when I could get it from the BSS for 3.99 and a bigger one at that. But my hair
"needed" that S-Curl bad.....LOL

Anyone else finding their hair thrives on glycerine based products.

yodie

Ladies, how do you use the Sta Soft Fro and S curl products? Do you actually have an S Curl? Are both of you relaxed?

Co-signing with the other ladies here! S-Curl and my hair get along great!

To raeshan: I'm relaxed. The glycerine and water in S-curl moisturizes my hair well. It's pretty light, but it's good for when I'm bunning or baggying, especially. HTH

yodie

Okay... sounds like Sta sof fro is an S curl product. Is this what all of you ladies are using?

I'll have to try it.

Do you spray it on when washing or on a daily basis?

sarel

Oh yeah.. absolutely. S-Curl is dangerous. I was averaging a bottle a week. I cut back big time, and I am now in rehab lol

GoldenBreeze

raeshan said:
Which of these are the best products and how did you use them?

I'm natural, and have very dry edges. When my hair is bunned or in one braid, I use it on my edges in the morning and seal with oil.

yodie

Thanks GoldenBreeze. Are you talking about Sta Sof Fro by itself or other S curl products?

sunshinebeautiful

@ raeshan: Both Sta Sof Fro and S-Curl spray contain glycerine, which attracts moisture from the atmosphere into your hair. I''ve used both and they work equally well.

I just started using S-Curl and I must say that my hair has never been softer or more moisturized. I usually spray on after shampooing/DCing..... and touch ups between washes. :lol:

Catina72

Co-signing on the Glycerine helping out with combing and overall moisture!! I use Sta-Sof-Fro when the newgrowth get really angry!!. I am 10 weeks post and I use it after airdrying. I part my hair and apply throughout on the new growth and my nape and edges. No one can even BELIEVE I am 10 weeks post with this product.:)

cmw45

trimbride said:
:) I like both in my hair

I just have to be sure not to over do it.

This is sooo true...when I first started using...my hair loved it so much that I applied it every day (at a time that I wasn't doing cowashes) and I quickly learned, too much of a good thing is bad.

cmw45

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
Has anyone tried diluting S-curl with water and a lil bit of Infusium 23?

Nope...what have you found the benefits of doing this are? :poke:

sarel

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
Has anyone tried diluting S-curl with water and a lil bit of Infusium 23?

Yes, but by accident. I was running out of S-curl and I needed to finish my hair lol I didn't notice any difference. Did you?

Iluvsmuhgrass

:look: I just had the thought last night..... but I threw it in with my mix early this morning.......and mama liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes! hehe

Yeah too much S-curl sucks. My hair went from moisturized to uber sticky and dry. Definitely a once a day or every other day (used sparingly) product for me.

sheba125

see folks thought I was crazy, when they asked what am I doing to keep my hair moist and so soft.......I knew it had to be the S-Curl, even when I wear braids, I believe that the braid spray has glycerine in it and that helps the hair stay moist, grow and retain length........glad I am not the only one!:D

Nanyanika

i love s-curl, but i have to dilute with distilled water, when i overused it my hair would clump together and turn out a sticky mess, now my i use every 3 days and its excellent, plus i can wait longer between washes.