S-Curl Turnaround

vtoodler

Just revisted S-curl today after roughly a 2-year hiatus.

Guess what: I'm very pleased. It hydrated my thirsty hair.

My natural hair wasn't too crazy about S-curl (I was natural then), but my relaxed hair seems to like it.

Now, I'm starting to understand the hype.

Last edited:
My natural hair loves S-Curl. I avoided it for the longest because I thought it would have me looking like Eriq La Salle in Coming to America. I'm glad I took the plunge...

My natural hair loves S-Curl. I avoided it for the longest because I thought it would have me looking like Eriq La Salle in Coming to America. I'm glad I took the plunge...

greenandchic

... just let your sooooul glow... feeling all so silky smooth...just let it shine through, yeeahh...:lachen:

.....but on another note, SCurl does do it's magic :yep:

In my head, I know it's good for my hair. It's effective and reliable. But in my heart, (or in my nose) i just can't stomach the smell. It smells like the 90's to me. idk why i don't like it. maybe i should try again? the new formula apparently has a new scent so :yep: why not

greenandchic

... just let your sooooul glow... feeling all so silky smooth...just let it shine through, yeeahh...:lachen:

.....but on another note, SCurl does do it's magic :yep:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

In my head, I know it's good for my hair. It's effective and reliable. But in my heart, (or in my nose) i just can't stomach the smell. It smells like the 90's to me. idk why i don't like it. maybe i should try again? the new formula apparently has a new scent so :yep: why not

The new scent is much better, not the S-Curl of the '80s for sure.

I am beginning to use scurl and i like it too.

For those who hav been using scurl for a while, how long before you noticed that your hair didnt need as much moisture? Like maybe u used to m/s daily but now u can go for an extra day or two bcuz of scurl

For those who hav been using scurl for a while, how long before you noticed that your hair didnt need as much moisture? Like maybe u used to m/s daily but now u can go for an extra day or two bcuz of scurl

For me, its as also immediately, after the first two days. I noticed recently I have a lot of leave-in conditioners in my cabinets when I would have normally have gone through most of them by now. Its definately a low cost option for me.

I go until my next wash day. Oh yeaaaa!! (weekly)

That's the exact same reason why I was hesitant in the 1st place. Now I'm on that bandwagon.

For me, its as also immediately, after the first two days. I noticed recently I have a lot of leave-in conditioners in my cabinets when I would have normally have gone through most of them by now. Its definately a low cost option for me.

I am noticing abt 2-3 days too, which is nice bcuz my hair is very dry...dry from the inside out accordg to my komaza analysis. I needed major help w moisture and s-curl came thru for me

I go until my next wash day. Oh yeaaaa!! (weekly)

Wow! A whole week! Was this aftr using it for a few days, wks or months? If so, how long? I hope that once i use it consistently for a while, i can go for a week too.

I know it's been mentioned , but which s-curl is everyone finding the best results. There are quite a few on the store shelf.

I might pull out my bottle to get me thru this stretch....

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

I just bought it last week and let me tell you... I love it! I havent had to do anything else with my hair in the sense of M&S. I almost feel strange without doing my weekly M&S.
All I do is tuck my ends under and it stays moisturised for days. I give S Curl a 5 out of 5 for price, smell and moisture. I still love my taliah waajids protective mist bodifier spray which is a 5/5 for me too, but S Curl is much more cheaper and you get a bigger bottle.

amberangel4u

OT. I love your avatar. That brings back memories. I wanted a Barbie Dream House so badly when I was little, but I never got one. About 6 year ago, as a GROWN A** 36 year old woman, I purchaed a used Dream House on EBAY, and furniture for all of the rooms. I fooled myself into thinking that it was for my future daughter (had a son). But it was really for me. I finally got my Dream House!!!!:drunk:

I'm natural and haven't used this In about 2 years myself. I definitely have a huge bottle under my sink. I'm going to try it again for my self and my daughter. Not sure why I stopped using it because it was a miracle moisturizer for us both.

Back