S-curl no drip versus World of curls gel

Integrity

OK, what do people prefer?? Which gives more moisture and softness without being heavy or sticky? Which one is more effective for you??

Personally i prefer the s-curl, it is lighter and less stickier plus it is easier to direct the pump at my roots. What about you??<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1044305331pandora">

S-curl no drip versus World of Curl activator??
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />S-CURL NO-DRIP
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />WORLD OF CURL GEL ACTIVATOR
<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />I LOVE BOTH
<input type="radio" name="option" value="4" />NONE OF THEM WORKED ON MY HAIR
<input type="radio" name="option" value="5" />HAVEN'T TRIED ANY OF THEM
<input type="radio" name="option" value="6" />OTHER CURL ACTIVATORS
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

Armyqt

ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif This stuff is Da Bomb. Do a search and you will find a wealth of info. It is really great for moisturizing the hair and keeping those ends nice and tidy. Gotta try it! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

londongirl3

Hey do you get these in the UK. I have tried searching for some of these products that the ladies recommend but I have been frustrated because I never find them /images/graemlins/mad.gif

pebbles

Hey Mindymouse,

Yes, you can use it on relaxed hair! It's the best, as you can tell by Armyqt's exuberant reply. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

adrienne0914

i find that i'm using the World of Curls more often than the S-Curl, but i love them both equally!!!

adrienne

azul11

i just used world of curls gel and some vaseline on my braid ends and my hair feels fine, nice and soft and moisturized. i never tried the s-curl spray yet. dont know how it would affect my braids. God bless you all.

Julia

Adrienne do you use it when you wear your hair straight or down? Or do you just use it when you put your hair up into a the pony tail style? /images/graemlins/look.gif

adrienne0914

julia, i've never used curl activator when i wear my hair down, only with the ponytail. faith said she tried it, and it worked. so i do plan to try it the next time i wear my hair down, but that won't be for quite a while. i got carried away there for a minute so i have to cool my jets now... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

G

I See, OK maybe just one more product, BUT THAT IT!

Ingredients anyone?

lshevonne

I've used S-Curl No Drip &amp; just bought Care Free Curl Gold to see if it works and I like that as well. Both make my hair very soft.

Nyambura

surfer girl
Not Adrienne, but I have relaxed hair and have used Care Free Curl activator when wrapping my hair to wear it down. I have had no problems. My hairdresser turned me on to that 3 years ago before I knew about the internet hair clubs. I should probably add that I don't do this during the winter b/c the air is very cold and dry up here. But it works well for me during warmer seasons.

Integrity

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Julia said:
Adrienne do you use it when you wear your hair straight or down? Or do you just use it when you put your hair up into a the pony tail style? /images/graemlins/look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Julia, i use it both up and down (wearing twist outs) and its good!

Integrity

diva, either way will do. but putting it in your hair b4 airdrying sure seals in moisture till your next wash! i use it all the time

LondonDiva

Thanks Pandora, How are you girly? I need something real quick cause my ponytail that looked so good after touch up time is beginning to get on my last nerve and doesn't stay as moist as I'd like between washes. It just feels so dry. I have to get this stuff ASAP.

Integrity

Doing well diva, thanks for asking! if the ends are really dry you might wanna seal in the scurl with a lil bit of vaseline,petroleum jelly (think adrienne does this as well).

LondonDiva

Thanks for the tip girl but except for touch up time will I put PJ on my hair. It doesn't do a damn thing for it. I apply the profectiv to the ends which absorbs in real well or spray with the Kemi Conditioning Spray.

Lindy

I'm glad to hear that the Care Free Curl Activator works well also, cuz I have a big bottle of that stuff from years ago when I was using it on my daughter's hair!! I'm definitely going to pull it out of the closet and give it a try!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif (I hope it's still good...)

marabou1

Hi Ladies:

Help!

I don't know what I did wrong last night. I usually get a touch up every 6 weeks, but this time I told my hair dresser to wait two more weeks because my 30th birthday is coming at the end of February, and I wanted it to look very nice.

Well this Saturday will be the day I get it done, but my hair was dirty, so I washed it last night.

For the first time, I did a pre-wash treatment with olive oil. I washed it with Aussie Moist shampoo then followed with an ACV rinse. I then used ORS Mayo conditioner with olive oil and sat under a dryer for 40 minutes. When I finished, I rinsed then added a lot of the S-curl spray, then followed with Lady Hilda moisturizing(love this suff and usualy use it before I roller set after a wash) conditioner on my whole hair, and the Mango Butter on the sides and ends of my hair.

The problem is that my hair was so tangled! I thought my hair was supposed to be soft. I air dryed it up in a pony tail. It was soft when I woke up this morning, however, when I was combing it out last night to put it into the ponytail, it was so tangled that I think I lost a bunch of hair!

Does anyone have an idea as to why this happened? Where did I go wrong? Is it because I should've used a moisurizer before the S-curl? Was I suppose to dilute the ACV?

Help!

-Marabou

Armyqt

Was I suppose to dilute the ACV?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maraboul, please tell me you didn't use ACV straight. It will make your hair very hard and tangled this way. It has to be diluted with water. I uses 8 parts water to 1 part ACV. Different people use different mixtures, you just have to find the right one for your hair type. Don't worry, we all make mistakes. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Julia

great. this is good news. Have you ever used it for a wet set? Does anyone know if this can be done?

/images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

azul11

i did this for my braids. i put some world of curls gel on the length of the braids and some vaseline on the ends. hair was so shiny and soft. plus with the way the weather is acting up i need something to keep the moisture in. God bless you all.

sweetcocoa

Julia said:
great. this is good news. Have you ever used it for a wet set? Does anyone know if this can be done?
/images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to know also. I have the World of Curls(I haven't used it yet....one of those spur of the moment purchases...
/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

marabou1

Armygt:

Thanks for your response!

I had this strong feeling that that was exactly what I did wrong! Thanks for answering my question. I'm hoping that my hair will be a little better if I do a conditioner wash tomorrow night.

Thanks again.

-Marabou

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I prefer the S-curl no-drip. I thought the World of Curls Gel actually dried alittle too stiff, but I found some S-Curl Gel too. It was good too, but that S-Curl spray really lays down that new growth around the edges.

azul11

i have seen some people using carefree curl activator. is this the same as s-curl activator? God bless you all.