S-Curl activator and braids?!?!

Drea84

Hi I know that Adrienne used this while she had braids in so I had a few questions.
Did it help with making the new growth manageable when you took the braids out?
Did it cause a build up?
What exactly was the procedure, was it sprayed on the scalp or just simply over the braids?
I just got braids put back in to help me with the frigid Albany weather /images/graemlins/blush.gif ( brrr ...lol) and I decided who better to help me out than you guys and especially Adrienne!
Thanks in advance!

P.S. Gotta change the regime date at the bottom I was out of braids for about a month and a half before rebraiding.

adrienne0914

drea, yes i do use the S-curl and alternate with World of Curls depending on how much coverage i want. i NEVER put it on my scalp because it makes it itch. i would apply in the morning because doing it at night can get messy on the pillow (even after tying your hair up). you might even skip it first thing and wait until you get to work so you're not in the cold air with damp hair. there's really no right or wrong technique. with braids, i mainly focused on making sure the area where my own hair stopped was well moisturized.

i didn't have buildup because i washed my hair once a week or every two weeks depending on how much exercising i had been doing. i also oiled my scalp. this is something that Robin (growafrohairlong lady) doesn't agree with. i'm not sure what types of products she was referring to when she was advising against it. if she meant greasing the scalp, i agree that that would cause buildup, but i really had no problems from the very light oils like Hot Six and Wonder 8. i now make my own.

adrienne