Rusk products

soulchild

Has anyone ever tried Rusk products. I was surprised when I saw them at Costco. There were big bottles of shampoo,conditioner, and leave-ins(also big bottle). I think they were $9 or $10.

Can anyone give reviews of this line?

<font color="brown">The only Rusk product that I have used is Rusk Cure. It is a spray-on protein and vitamin treatment. In addition to several types of proteins and vitamins (antioxidants), it contains a healthy dose of panthenol. Panthenol adds some thickness to the strands, and it is a water-binding ingredient (helps hair to retain moisture). I actually like it a lot. It will probably become a staple product for me.

AngieK</font>
cool.gif

I've used Rusk Deep Shine shampoo/con. ( smells great) I really like it, I find it softens my hair really well. My hair is kinda thick, so I need a really mositurizing shampoo. I think it is great for that. The conditioner can be used as a deep con. or an instant cond. ( after a deep con. you can use this as a finishing rinse) I used it both ways with success.

I also use the Rusk Smoother Leave -in. This is WONDERFUL. IT detangles, conditions and smell like wooooow candy. I'm still using this product, my salon also uses it.

I like this line as you can tell it leaves my hair full and shiny...

( i finished the bottles poo and con i had recently, so I've since switched but i will definitely be getting them in the future)

I love the Rusk phytomarine deep shine lusterizer! Its a great product to finish your style and if you're looking for a little shine. I dont use it often but its kinda cool just to have around!

Looking at their website, I see the products Costco had were from their Sensories Product Line. http://www.rusk1.com/products/sensories/sens3.htm

I'm interested in the Smoother Leave -in and Invisible Detangler, and possibly the Cure. I wonder if it would detangle my naptural tangly hair. I also notice it has sunscreen protection
grin.gif
. The only thing im a tiny bit concerned about is the cones, but it's not a big deal. I need to be doing more conditioner washes anyway.

What's up with that CFT (Compressed Formula Technology. Do you really find yourself using less product?

oh yes soulchild the CFT is real, i had that bottle of Rusk for I don't know how long...no wait I tell you, over a year ( i know this because i went to Las Veg -june 02 with it and came back and I just recently finished it- I actually have cond left..... I would use a little and you put water and it makes is lather more......i highly recommend the smoother...

When I first went natural, my stylist turned me onto Rusk Invisible and it was definitely a staple. I found that it did detangle well, without leaving an oily film. In fact, I still have a big bottle... maybe I'll try it again the next time I shampoo
scratchchin.gif

Re CFT, I found that very little product went a long way (and I'm usually very heavy handed). I would definitely recommend this product
smile.gif

ccd- You said you really like the deep shine shampoo? Was it detangling and moisturizing? Did you try the deep shine conditioner? If so was it comparable to the LUST and Keracare? Thanks!

Yes Chaya, I used both shampoo and conditioner and I found them to really moisturize and detangle my hair especially around post relaxer time (7/8 weeks). I really like them. In comparison to LUST..hmmm that's hard because I've only used LUST twice
but I'd have to say if I had to buy something now it would be Deep Shine because the shampoo softened my hair and I liked that feeling (my hair was gently cleaned) and the conditioner further softened my hair. Plus you can deep condition or instant condition with the product

The Invisible Detangler is excellent!! I can comb thru my hair with no tangles. I havn't used it as much as I should because it smells horrid.
crazy.gif

I think I will try the deep shine conditioner this weekend then. I have a 20% coupon for Trade Secret so her I go again!

CCD- what is the exact name of the RUSK conditioner that you are speaking of? I went and bought the shampoo but there were two different conditioners. One was a
"treatment".

my plan was to return the shampoo and buy the conditioner, but I wasnt sure which conditioner was the best one! Anybody have any suggestions?

Chaya the conditioner is Deepshine sea kelp conditioner, it is in a bottle that looks just like the shampoo...I believe the treatment is in a smaller bottle....anyway, good luck. I really didn't find he shampoo it be strippig but my hair is thick so it maybe different for me. Let us know how you like it. I'd post a picture but I don't know how....let me try again

here's a site: popehair.safeshopper.com
you'll find pics

Thanks! I saw that one too so I'll exchange the shampoo for the conditioner. I dont know why I got this shampoo in the first place. Ive been pretty satisfied with the Keracare maybe because my boyfriend was rushing me!

The shampoos suck but some of the conditioners are really nice. Rusk Calm 60 Second Hair Revive is fantastic!!

Chaya, your hair and your sister's is gorgeous! I love your color!!!
beautiful...good luck with deepshine

Question, I just purchased the Rusk Sea kelp creme conditioner from Sally's. It was an impulse purchase but it feels great on my scalp. If you have used this, please let me know how it worked for you. I am really loving how it feels.

Back