RUSK Flatiron Owners/Users...

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I just received my Rusk Flat Iron!! Happy happy Joy joy! I don't know when i'll use it though, i'm kinda swamped now. ;(

morehairplease, i bought a cheapie at walmart for $19 bucks, 1875 watts with 3 comb/brush attachments, this is the kind that lies horizontally, not the blower kind with a nozzle. I like it, i'm learning, so it's cool. it's by an ethnic brand company, in a red and black box. so much cheaper than the one i was gonna get from sally's - i saved 15 bucks, for sure.

i'll let you all know how my straightening attempt goes. i love that this iron has 100% solid ceramic plates, it's not tourmaline or ionic, but i'm cool with that. and it comes with a 2 yr warranty - bingo!

morehairplease

I just received my Rusk Flat Iron!! Happy happy Joy joy! I don't know when i'll use it though, i'm kinda swamped now. ;(

morehairplease, i bought a cheapie at walmart for $19 bucks, 1875 watts with 3 comb/brush attachments, this is the kind that lies horizontally, not the blower kind with a nozzle. I like it, i'm learning, so it's cool. it's by an ethnic brand company, in a red and black box. so much cheaper than the one i was gonna get from sally's - i saved 15 bucks, for sure.

i'll let you all know how my straightening attempt goes. i love that this iron has 100% solid ceramic plates, it's not tourmaline or ionic, but i'm cool with that. and it comes with a 2 yr warranty - bingo!

that's awesome! can't wait to hear your thoughts about it!

ElegantExotic

A stylist used this (Rusk CTC) on my hair today, and OMG!!!! I LOVE it!!!!!! I will be purchasing one. It's really smooth, no snagging. it just glides throught the hair, and i don't mean by hairs getting caught in between the plates, i mean, it's smooth gliding on the hair, if you can imagine silk be run over hair.

Results= Silky smooth hair! :grin:

NOLA2NY

A stylist used this (Rusk CTC) on my hair today, and OMG!!!! I LOVE it!!!!!! I will be purchasing one. It's really smooth, no snagging. it just glides throught the hair, and i don't mean by hairs getting caught in between the plates, i mean, it's smooth gliding on the hair, if you can imagine silk be run over hair.

Results= Silky smooth hair! :grin:

Months later and I am still in love with my iron!!!!! Great great great!! My greatest purchase from TJMaxx!!! (start your search there, great prices!!!!)

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Yep. Rusk is the bidness. All of their products are awesome.
I used my iron yesterday, and my hair is bone straight. I mean, I did this myself. The best $50 i ever spend. I almost hate to post it here, bcs, they'll fly off the shelves, i know this.
The last time I posted, by the time I went back to purchase, they were ALL gone...LOL!

ElegantExotic

Months later and I am still in love with my iron!!!!! Great great great!! My greatest purchase from TJMaxx!!! (start your search there, great prices!!!!)

Girl, I wish I could go to tjmaxx, but I live in Bermuda. I'm crossing my fingers that I can find a good deal online. I need one asap. I purchased a sedu last month, but i notice split ends with it, as well as it gets a weird coating on the plates after being used that is hard to remove (even after the first time). I've only used it about 3 times, but will retire it. I want the Rusk now!!!!

melodies815

Just curious...how many of you had used a few other irons before getting your Rusk? I hear so many people talking about the FHI Platform and other expensive flat irons that I really don't know how to choose well from the many that seem to be good.

Thanks in advance...cj

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Well, my stylist used Chi Turbo, 2 inch and it was good as well, but snagged a little...i thought Rusk kept my hair smoother, longer...I've also used a regular Chi, but then my hair was relaxed. I'm natural now.

ElegantExotic

Just curious...how many of you had used a few other irons before getting your Rusk? I hear so many people talking about the FHI Platform and other expensive flat irons that I really don't know how to choose well from the many that seem to be good.

Thanks in advance...cj

I've used the Solano Sapphire, Chi, HAI Convertible, FHI, HAI Digital Elite Tong, GHD, Hair Art, Babyliss Pro, and Sedu.

I can honestly say that so far, I like the results from Rusk CTC the best thus far. However, I have to get my own and see how it works over time. I also would like to try the FHI Runway, as well as the Salon Tech Iron with built in silicone bars.

SelfStyled

Yay I just bought one from TJ Maxx for $40. I just bought a Solia too, and I think it is OK, nothing great. If I like the Rusk the Solia is going back to Folica.

morehairplease

Yay I just bought one from TJ Maxx for $40. I just bought a Solia too, and I think it is OK, nothing great. If I like the Rusk the Solia is going back to Folica.
That's great SelfStyled! I went Saturday and was unable to find one:wallbash::wallbash:. Hopefully, I will be able to purchase one before the Christmas holiday though. Slightly OT, but what do you mean by "waking up sleepy follicles"
TIA,
tishee

elaine

I just purchased a 1" Rusk Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron from TJ Maxx for 39.00. Several people asked me where I found it as I stood in line because they raved reviews. I did not read any of the reviews until I came home. I only purchased it because of the tempature control and the fact that it gets up to 446 degrees F. I am trying to stretch my relaxers and thought this would really help me.

Here is the flat iron on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AWZMI2...e=380333&creativeASIN=B001AWZMI2&linkCode=asn

The cashier told me they have been seeing a lot of Rusk products come in so you may want to check them and Marshall's to see if they get them in.

mohair

I wish I would have read this post 2 weeks ago when I stumbled upon a RUSK Flat Iron at TJ Maxx. I didnt want to spend $50 bucks and then have to spend another $100 + bucks if it didnt work. So I bought the FHI tech instead, :-( I did get some products from TJ..... Sabastians Laminates Conditioner, Pete Coppola Brass Out Cond (I am grey),
and Chi Silk Infusion.

VinDieselsWifey

i just bought the 1" Tourmaline Ceramic Rusk flat iron from Marshalls for $39.00. :grin: i've been reading up on the Hana Elite, but will have to wait awhile to save up money for that one. they also had some 100% ceramic Cortex irons in there for like $29.99, but i haven't read many reviews on that brand. i have only used the original Maxiglide in the past. i loved it, but lately it seemed to leave a funny smell in my hair. :nono:

i'm almost completely natural. i cut off most of the relaxed ends in the back half of my hair but keep them in the front so i can still make a bun. i plan to BC in December for my bday. i will be 19 months post relaxer then. i plan to try out the flat iron this weekend before i braid my hair up for the month.

ElegantExotic

I took the plunge and ordered the Rusk CTC from ebay, and received it today. I will come back with reviews once I use it!