!!!!Roux Porosity Control on Sale at Sallys!!!!

mizchin

Not sure if this has been posted before but all Roux products are on sale at Sallys Buy 1 get 1 free. That includes my beloved Porosity Control. :yep:

My sincere apologies to all th PJ's. :look:

afjhnsn

Lol, d*mn you. I just got my Sally card in the mail :> looks like I'm heading over there for that moisture ...thingy. I forget the name.

cia_garces

Not sure if this has been posted before but all Roux products are on sale at Sallys Buy 1 get 1 free. That includes my beloved Porosity Control. :yep:

Girl.... You almost got me with this one. :naughty: Lucky for me, I know I'm too broke to get this right now. :lol: Hold on a sec...:ohwell:

And for the PJs, I think they'll be strong. Besides, this way they can save gas money AND time by picking this up along with their Tangle Teezer. :lol:

afjhnsn

Girl.... You almost got me with this one. :naughty: Lucky for me, I know I'm too broke to get this right now. :lol: Hold on a sec...:ohwell:

And for the PJs, I think they'll be strong. Besides, this way they can save gas money AND time by picking this up along with their Tangle Teezer. :lol:
Oh, no. Why did you have to remind me about that darn tangle teezer? Now I KNOW I'll be there. Will it work on relaxed hair, or is it primarily for natural heads?

Glamorous_chic

its buy 1 get 1 free, with a coupon, but the coupon is in the paper. they usually keep the papers by the register. i just picked up my products then asked the cashier about the coupon and she cut it out for me, and rang it up.

Last edited:

mizchin

@cia_garces LOL, you wrong. I don't know but Im scared of that tangle teezer. I gotta hang on to my 10 strands of hair, cant take no chances.

@Glamorous_chic my local Sallys didnt require a coupon they just had the signs hanging up in front of the products. But I'm glad it worked out and you were able to get it.

cia_garces

Oh, no. Why did you have to remind me about that darn tangle teezer? Now I KNOW I'll be there. Will it work on relaxed hair, or is it primarily for natural heads?

Yep!!! It sure will!!! :yep: I have done an official report on it in the "Tangle Teezer is the Truth" thread, but this has been my experience with it...

I am relaxed, 4a with about 3 inches of new growth and I LOVE the Tangle Teezer!!! The first time I used it one wet hair after I shampooed and conditioned. I'd applied my leave ins and I was detangling/combing through my hair and I was confused 'cause there wasn't any hair in it. I started to wonder, "Where is all there hair that I normally have?" I kept combing my head like a fool until I had to tell myself, "You know what? If it ain't coming out don't force it." So then I thought, "That was too easy. Let me see if this thing really detangled my hair." One swipe of the comb... Butta. :lick:

Now let me tell you how serious this thing is... It actually worked SO well on BOTH my textures, for one hot second I considered going natural!!! I snapped back to reality real quick, but I could DEFINITELY see how this would make it easier to be natural. I was natural back in 2005 and I could have SERIOUSLY used this thing.

I had a bad incident with it today, though, but that was all my fault. I was at home all day yesterday sittin around playin' in my new growth. I got it GOOD and tanlged
, but the TT helped out a lot. Otherwise, I think I would've lost way more hair or spent more time detangling my hair.

So to answer your question, YES, relaxed heads CAN use the Tangle Teezer. And if you like to stretch your relaxers, this is a definite must!!!

ETA: I just realized I mistakenly wrote I "have" written an official report in the TT thread. That should have been "I haven't done an official report."

Last edited:

YoursTrulyRE

How are you using the Porosity Control? And do you use the shampoo and/or the conditioner? I've been looking at this but not sure exactly how to use it in my regimen. I currently use the Roux 619 leave-in for course, curly hair. I love it and I've heard great things about the Porosity Control.

Also do you find it helps you retain more moisture?

Sorry for so many questions.

afjhnsn

Yep!!! It sure will!!! :yep: I have done an official report on it in the "Tangle Teezer is the Truth" thread, but this has been my experience with it...

I am relaxed, 4a with about 3 inches of new growth and I LOVE the Tangle Teezer!!! The first time I used it one wet hair after I shampooed and conditioned. I'd applied my leave ins and I was detangling/combing through my hair and I was confused 'cause there wasn't any hair in it. I started to wonder, "Where is all there hair that I normally have?" I kept combing my head like a fool until I had to tell myself, "You know what? If it ain't coming out don't force it." So then I thought, "That was too easy. Let me see if this thing really detangled my hair." One swipe of the comb... Butta. :lick:

Now let me tell you how serious this thing is... It actually worked SO well on BOTH my textures, for one hot second I considered going natural!!! I snapped back to reality real quick, but I could DEFINITELY see how this would make it easier to be natural. I was natural back in 2005 and I could have SERIOUSLY used this thing.

I had a bad incident with it today, though, but that was all my fault. I was at home all day yesterday sittin around playin' in my new growth. I got it GOOD and tanlged
, but the TT helped out a lot. Otherwise, I think I would've lost way more hair or spent more time detangling my hair.

So to answer your question, YES, relaxed heads CAN use the Tangle Teezer. And if you like to stretch your relaxers, this is a definite must!!!
:lol: you're hilarious
Thank you so much! YUP, looks like I'm about to give in to my PJisms. Sheesh!

FriscoGirl

@cia_garces LOL, you wrong. I don't know but Im scared of that tangle teezer. I gotta hang on to my 10 strands of hair, cant take no chances.

^^^ I agree with you 100%... I went to Sally's today and picked up the B0G0 Roux and saw the Tangle Teezer. I was tempted, purely, based upon the reviews on here, but when I looked at the bristle side I got really scared. It looks like it would rake through my hair like piranha teeth. Before going to the store I went on youtube to see one in action and there weren’t any videos of relaxed women.

Coffee

I hit Sally's up about 2 weeks ago. I think I'm going back before the sale ends and get a couple more bottles.

mizchin

@YoursTrulyRE I use it kinda like a final rinse. So after I am finished with whatever steps I am doing protein treatment, deep condition etc... I apply porosity control comb it through then rinse.

Yes it helps me a lot with moisture. I suffer from extremely dry hair. i even switched from No-Lye to Lye relaxer because I thought that was what was causing the dryness, only to still suffer from dry straw like hair. After reading a few recommendations on here about the porosity control I finally tried it and I must say it is the TRUTH. My hair actually looks moisturized now and feels a lot softer.

Oh I also upped my protein use too. Prior to coming to the boards I always did moisturizing deep conditions but never protein and always wondered why my hair was still so dry. But using protein treatments at least once a month has also helped me a lot too.

KSand

It's a staple for me. My hair is actually starting to hold moisture. Thanks for the heads up!

joyous

Thanks, I'm definitely going to get this from Sally's. I went to the two beauty supply stores where I normally purchase Porosity Control. Both said that they weren't going to reorder because there had been a significant price hike from the manufacturer.

YoursTrulyRE

@YoursTrulyRE I use it kinda like a final rinse. So after I am finished with whatever steps I am doing protein treatment, deep condition etc... I apply porosity control comb it through then rinse.

Yes it helps me a lot with moisture. I suffer from extremely dry hair. i even switched from No-Lye to Lye relaxer because I thought that was what was causing the dryness, only to still suffer from dry straw like hair. After reading a few recommendations on here about the porosity control I finally tried it and I must say it is the TRUTH. My hair actually looks moisturized now and feels a lot softer.

Oh I also upped my protein use too. Prior to coming to the boards I always did moisturizing deep conditions but never protein and always wondered why my hair was still so dry. But using protein treatments at least once a month has also helped me a lot too.

Thanks. I'm going to check it out while it's on sale.

prettyinpurple

I hate y'all too!

I got the Porosity Control condish and the intensive treatment moisture condish. The treatment was a smaller bottle, the sales lady wanted me to it in a bigger bottle. Seems to only come in the small bottle tho. I would've preferred a smaller bottle of Porosity Control cause I'm starting to stockpile condish and it's getting crazy LOL.

Peeped the argan oil ecostyler and tangle teezer. I have no need for that big tub 'o gel. And they didn't have the purple tangle teezer boo. It's bigger than I expected tho.

Sassyone

Whaaat? Does anyone know when this sale is supposed to end? Hope I didnt' miss it. Ya'll aint' right--no compassion for PJs on here.