rosemary oil

Zgirl

I saw on one of the posts that rosemary oil is good for hair growth, does anyone have info. on this and where can I get rosemary oil and other kinds of oils that are good for the hair.

thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ms_kenesha

Yes rosemary oil does promote hair growth. "The oil of rosemary is a stimulant and should be used with caution. It can help increase circulation and relieve pain in the joints. It can help control dandruff, oily scalp and skin, acne, and is said to encourage hair growth. Avoid during pregnancy or if you suffer from high blood pressure or seizures."
Here are some sites with info. on it
Rosemary Oil Link 1 Rosemary Oil Link 2

Zgirl

Thanks

do you know if there are any products out there that may contain rosemary oil, or what i can mix it with
I see, that it is not good to use alone, b/c it might burn, I figured that there may be some product that already has rosemary oil in it

thanks again for the info.

elliot

Here is more information on essential oils that are suppose to promote hair growth. The majority of these oils can be purchased from a local wholefoods/nutritional store.

Black Seed Oil- This is one of the most dynamic oils for hair care. It improves circulation and is antiseptic, astringent, cleansing, and skin regenerative. Helps prevent hair loss and thinning; it strengthens the hair. It also conditions hair and scalp. Pure cold- pressed Nigella sativa oil. Superb emollient and hair nourisher. Contains over 100 Biological compounds including 15 amino acids, vitamins and minerals. It is also high in fatty acids. Fatty acids are recommended for hair loss, stunted growth and thinning of hair.

Sunflower oil- Excellent hair moisturizer and conditioner. Helps to add sheen and elasticity. It is likewise rich in minerals and nutrients.

Jojoba Oil-Moisturizes extra dry, thirsty hair.....naturally. Infuses moisture directly into the scalp and hair shaft, quenching the thirst of extremely dry hair. With consistent use, your hair will begin to show improved elasticity, moisture balance and longer lasting shine.

*Carrot Seed Oil- Strengthens weak, damaged hair.....naturally. A vitamin rich oil that penetrates deep into the hair shaft to impart herbal nutrients and vitamins to repair, strengthen and moisturize damaged hair. Brimming with Beta Carotene, Vitamins A, E and Amino Acids, Carrot seed Oil promotes the development of new hair and skin cells.

Bergamot Essential oil-contains volatile oil that works as both a highly effective hair conditioner and gives body to the hair. Used for centuries to promote hair growth and retard fall out.

Chamomile Essential oil-has properties that makes the hair smooth, silky, and adds body to the hair.

*Lavender-is an effective cleanser and oil regulator for fine hair that provides surprising fullness and body. Calming.

*Nettle- It has been used as a hair growth stimulant for centuries and is one of the most common herbs used in natural hair loss remedies around the world. It is rich in vitamins A and C, and a wide range of minerals including Iodine, Silicon, and Sulfur, all especially good for the hair. It is a profound source for mucilage and amino acids that the hair follicle requires for proper growth. It's stimulating qualities also help increase the circulation to the scalp.

Pro vitamin A-It normalizes sebum production and stimulates the scalp, making it excellent for hair growth.It helps to stop hair loss and regrow hair.

*Rosemary -(Rosmarinus Officinalis): A strong circulatory stimulant for the hair follicles and a stimulant for hair growth. Brings good blood flow to the scalp and causes histamine release which stimulates cell division, encouraging new hair growth. It is a purifying, antimicrobial, antiseptic, astringent that stimulates the hair root to grow hair. It also adds sheen and helps to prevent hair from falling out.

*Sage -(Salvia Officinalis) is a purifying, antimicrobial, antiseptic and astringent botanical that is a tremendous conditioner for the hair. It not only has an active agent to eliminate hair loss but it strengthens and thickens the current hair shaft as well.

Vitamin E-enhances cellular regeneration and has remarkable results for both the hair and the scalp.

EDIT: To answer your question, you can add a couple of drops of Rosemary Oil to your shampoos and conditioners.

BlkMane

Hi, zgirl! There are several products out there that contain Rosemary Oil, but
usually the concentrations are very small...just enough to be able to add "rosemary extract/oil"
to the ingredient list.

If you really want to get all the benefits of using Rosemary Oil, I recommend that you buy yourself
a 1 oz. bottle and add it to your hair products. Since you will be using very little at a time (a few drops)
that little bottle will last a long time. Plus, Rosemary Oil is one of the least expensive oils. I just bought
a 1 oz. bottle for $3 and change.

Make sure it is 100% PURE oil, though. Make sure it is not diluted with mineral oil or anything else. The bottle
should state: 100% PURE. If you buy it from a health food store it should be the real deal.

There is a website called: www.cedarvale.net that sells all the essential oils you will ever need and their prices are great. You can't go wrong. I haven't used them YET, but many on this board have and have been pleased.

Oh, you asked what you can add Rosemary Oil to...well, I add it to my shampoo, my hair rinse, my hot oil treatments. The choice is yours.
Just make sure you don't add to much as essential oils are really concentrated.

Check out some of the hair recipes on this board and the web that use essential oils--they should give you an idea of how many drops to add to your hair products.

CynamonKis

I have been massaging my scalp nightly with Doo-grow, mixed w/rosemary & sage "pure" essential oil. Just started 3 wks ago so I can't tell if it's working. Doo-gro has a lot of good ingredients in it, but the 1st ingredient is mineral oil -- is that bad for the scalp?