Rosemary for your hair

mj11051

This magnificent herb is widely respected for its value as a hair and beauty aide. Rosemary can also be used in the bath, on the face and as a body or scalp massage.

Believed to stimulate hair follicles and hair growth, rosemary is generally believed to slow down or even permanently hold off premature hair loss and gray hair.

Rosemary oils and concoctions will soothe and condition dry, flaky scalps. When applied in a concentrated form to the roots and scalp, rosemary is helpful in clearing many cases of dandruff. Rosemary also mixes well with tea tree and basil for stubborn scalp problems.

Rosemary Hair Oil Recipe

Rosemary blends very well with others in the mint family. It is especially beneficial when mixed with basil, bergamot, juniper, lemon and cedar. Basil is a known scalp and hair follicle stimulant.
Keep in mind that any rosemary concoctions will be stimulating and refreshing. This is a very Yang herb that is uplifting, strengthening and invigorating. It increases circulation and will often make the scalp or body feel warm after it is massaged with a rosemary formula or oil.
Ingredients

• Mason, Ball or other sterile class jar with air-tight lid.
  • 1 cup of fresh rosemary leaves (optional, add a smidgen of basil and juniper fresh leaves and/or essential oils to the mix).
  • Jojoba oil (optional, sesame or sweet almond oil).
Directions
Fill the class jar with the rosemary. Cover the rosemary with the jojoba oil so that the rosemary is completely covered. Place the jar in your sunniest window. Let the herbs "steep" for 4 weeks or so. Turn the jar slightly every day to make sure that the sun contacts all sides of the jar. When the oil is finished steeping for 4 weeks, strain the leaves from the liquid with an all natural paper coffee filter or silk. Filter into a clean, sterilized amber or dark colored jar. Store in a cool, dark place.
Application
Pour just enough for your immediate needs into a clean glass bowl. Heat gently over a double boiler on in a microwave. Make sure the oil is warm but not too hot. Work the oil into the hair from the ears down to the ends. Use a cotton ball or your clean fingers. Apply a plastic shower cap or wrap. You may sit under a hood dryer to add heat or wrap hot towels over the plastic to help the oil soak into the cuticles more easily.

vkb247

I use rosemary in the oils I mix that I mix for my oil rinses.

To make it quicker:
I do everything in your instructions except I put a whole stem of fresh rosemary in so that I can just pull it back out and a warm it on the stove, inside the jar, in a half filled pot of water. Then I put it in the sun for only a day or two.