Rollersetting~ I am a Believer!!!

Sure Tasha glad I could be of help, and yes it makes sense what you were describing with the new growth.

I encourage you to use a Serum on soaking wet hair before you roller set, I use John Frieda Relax Texture Correcting Serum and it helps tremendously with keeping the new growth combable (if that is even a word)/manageable. I apply it to my hair before I spray it with setting lotion.

PrettyBrownEyesr, do you wrap your hair after you take down the roller set or just leave it? Also, how do you make the roller set tight? Is it possible with the small duck billed clips that can be found at Sally's or are the larger one's easier?
One more question: How does your hair look after you initially take the rollers out and before combing? Does it look like strange stuck to your head old fashioned curls before combing? I wonder because that's how mine looks and I wonder if Im doing it right. And if you do not wrap afterwards, how do you get the curls to lay down and just be wavy or kinda straight?

Hi soslychic,

1. I wrap my hair after I take it down.

2. I roll it tight, starting at the ends I roll it smooth and tight.

3. I use the double prong metal curl clips found at Sally's

4. After I take the rollers out, the curls are loose ( I use the largest rollers my hair will take); they look like old fashioned curls when my stylist does it because she has been using smaller rollers than what I have just started using.

Thanks! More great ideas! I guess all I got to do now is give it a try
grin.gif

Back