Rollerset Step-by-Step Instructions and Products Help

bluediamond0829

Okay i know this has probably been brought up before....but i want to learn how to do a rollerset..i saw one of my friends hair that has been going to a salon to get hers done once a week and her hair looks great i almost thought it was a weave because it looked so full and silky...and im still having the issue with my hair looking good when i use the flat iron on it before i leave in the morning but other than that towards the ends it gets nappy and frizzy looking after i get out the door...ive never had this problem before...so im thinking my next step is to try to do the rollerset method...im suppose to be going sometime probably this weekend to see her hairdresser that only charges less than 25.00 to do a wash and rollerset and wrap...and she is Haitian so i think thats a good thing...but i would like to eventually learn how to rollerset my hair at home...i need some help in doing this, first of all:
what accessories and products will i need to do this? hooded dryer or bonett dryer? wrap lotion, setting lotion, oil products? what are the best products to use? what kind of rollers and magnetic clips? my hair is about ear length and between fine to medium texture...ive read where some of you have wrote about just air drying do you have the same effect as sitting under a hooded dryer? Is there any people with albums that have step by step guides to how to do a roller set? Just give me as much advice as you can on this...

You'll need:

Magnetic rollers. You may need different sizes to account for the longest and shortest sections of your hair.
Metal clips.
I prefer a hooded dryer (I'm under the dryer for close to 2 hours, so air-drying would take too long).

I think that it's important to practice doing a rollerset. When I first started my own, I was HORRIBLE at it. My rollers were loose, I had to start from the back and work my way forward and it took me almost 2 hours to get them all in. Now I can get in a full set of rollers in about 1/2 an hour.

bluediamond0829 said:
thanks webby for the information.....
You're welcome....remembered one other thing. I like creme leave-ins, because the hair seems softer than when I use a liquid leave in.

Infusium is a liquid, I think that surge is too (I never used).

I use Nexxus Humectress, Lacio-lacio, Potion No. 9...those are cremes.

Back