Rollers to sleep in comfortably

Renewed1

I curl the frame of my face with spiral curls and I don't want to use curling irons anymore (trying to prevent heat damage).

Do any of you ladies know what type of rollers I can purchase (AND SLEEP IN COMFORTABLY) so I can have the desired effect come morning?

I was coming in for suggestions as well; I only know of rollers that DON'T sleep comfortably. Sleeping in flexi-rods almost killed me, regular magnetic rollers are too bulky & they shift, the plastic part of foam rollers poke me in the head, leave creases & pull too much.

The only suggestion I have is ditch the rollers completely & pin curl the hair that frames your face.

I use satin covered pillow (foam) rollers. Let my mom use some and she's in love with them.

I cosign satin rollers, they're the most comfortable I've used. Thing is, I'm not sure if you can get perfect spirals with them but maybe there's a specific brand out there for that.

Satin covered rollers or flexi rods, I prefer flexi rods. I've slept in flexi rods countless times with no issues I just curve it into a donut shape that lays flat on my head and I'm good, gives a great stretch and nice heat free curls.

Satin covered sponge rollers tend to flatten on me when I sleep on them, and then I have no curls in the morning.

I recommend pincurling the hair and slightly dampening the ends before curling. I loved the results I got with flexi rods but they ruin my sleep and are not attractive either when you don't sleep alone.

I like pincurls also. I used satin rollers at one point but I always get some marks...

I tried the pin curls and it did curl my hair. I don't think I had enough setting lotion on the hair.

I may give curlformers another try and curl just the front of my face.

Thanks for the suggestions ladies.

I can sleep in flexirods with no problem. I just bought the sponge version of flexirods from some company in Europe. But I haven't tested them yet.

I use satin pillow rollers. The quality is terrible, but if you know how to sew, you can work around it. They're cheap, comfortable, and curl the hair well. Not perfect spirals, but I do get great curl. I also use curlformers, but they are NOT comfortable to sleep in...but they make perfect curls, so I make the sacrafice.

I can sleep in flexirods with no problem. I just bought the sponge version of flexirods from some company in Europe. But I haven't tested them yet.

LaidBak are these are what you are referring too?

75139100001_450x450_a.jpg

MarriageMaterial said:
LaidBak are these are what you are referring too?

No, not those. The ones I ordered are sponges on wire. I'm away from home for a week so I can't send a pic. Let me see if I can find the website again...

Satin rollers for that bump at the ends and flexi rods for defined curls.

Some people do pin curls but I'm not proficient in that area.

I forgot all about those curlers until I saw this tag. It even took me a while to find where I stashed them. :nono: But I have them in my head now and I am laying down to go to bed. They are extremely comfortable. Let's just hope they work on my short hair.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120409_184747.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120409_184747.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 43
  • ForumRunner_20120409_184826.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120409_184826.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 54
What about Caruso rollers? You don't have to sleep in them at all. Put them in when you are getting ready - they only need 10 minutes to work.

The satin covered sponge rollers were a hit for me! I went out of town last weekend and took them with me. Once I rolled my hair up I covered it with a net then covered it with a bonnet and I slept well and the curls came out nice and bouncy.

Back