Please share your routines including:

-What you wash and condition with
-What you apply on your hair before roller setting
-whether or not you use end papers
-what type of rollers you use
-what you clip it with
-how you dry your hair
-what you apply, if anything, afterwards
-do you wrap it and sit back under the dryer?

I think that's it. I know it's alot but I just did my first roller set in years and while my hair had bounce and lovely curls...my hair looked dry and not as shiny as when it is done at a salon.

I know its probably a product thing but I'm looking to do some experimentation until I get it how I like it.

Thanks in advance.

Elucence or L'anza Protein Plus shampoo, Elucence or Pantene Smooth & Sleek conditioner
Kiehl's Leave-In conditioner or Elucence
I don't use end papers (takes me long enough without them).
magnetic rollers
the silver clips or the matching snap on cover
hooded dryer
Kiehl's Creme w/Silk Groom
Sometimes

Hey Daviine /images/graemlins/wave.gif

-What you wash and condition with
Hot Oil before shampoo
Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair
Aphogee Moisturizing Conditioner
Motions Moisture Plus/CPR/Oil Protein Condrs (alternate)

Fantasia IC Serum (really helps make my hair look like a professional job by smoothing the hair shaft and blocking the frizzies, really helped me make my sets better)
Infusium 23 Leave In
Motions Oil Sheen after all rolled
Also use a hair net

No /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Large magnetic rollers they use in the salon
(I know you like the mesh rollers, but these may be easier to use)

-what you clip it with
Double prong metal clips-better grip than single prong

-how you dry your hair
Under a hooded dryer

A little Motions Oil Moisturizer/Carrot Oil Creme
Motions Sheen

No, but I may try it next time

Wash & Condition with:

L'anza Protein Plus Shampoo or Cream of Nature for Dry Brittle Hair (yellow bottle/greeen writing). Use Lanza Deep Cleansing (clarifying one) once in a while to remove product build up.

Most used conditioners: Motions Moisture Plus, Revlon Porosity Control, Mizani Moisturefuse. Sometimes I mix one of these with a little extra virgin olive oil.

Before rollarsetting:
Recently I've been using New Image Damage Free Thermal Conditioning Styling Lotion. Makes the hair a bit fuller and protects from heat. Or I'll use Keracare Silken Seal Serum for smoothness. Or Motions Nourish In or just mix one of the above conditioners with water and spritz that through.

Rollar: Magnetic and use the silver clips.

Dry Hair: With a soft bonnet that attaches to the nose of a hand held dryer.

After I spray a little Isoplus Hair Oil Sheen then wrap and go to bed.

I shampoo with: Lanza Protein Plus Shampoo or Fantasia IC Pure Tea Shampoo
I condition with: Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner or Mane & Tail Deep Conditioning Treatment or Feria Color Moisturizing Treatment or Dudley's Hair Rebuilder followed by any one of these...no hea for any of them but the Dudley's.

I rollerset with Motions Nourishing Leave In or a mix of any conditioner I have that soens't build up too much and water - about a 8:1 ratio.

I don't use end papers. I also use the magnetic rollers with the double pronged silver clips. I apply a light serum (usually Smooth & Shine, sometimes Kerastase and sometimes Diamond Drops - a recent purchase) and wrap. I only go back under the dryer after wrapping if I need my hair straighter in a hurry.

Hope it goes better for you. I swear Daviine I really think the color rinse (or a clear version) would give you that gleamy look you are looking for. If you aren't game just try to go as easy on the oily stuff as possible. The lighter the product, the better the rollerset comes on out on finehaireds to me.

What you wash and condition with
I wash and condition with Elucence shampoo and moisturizer.

The only thing I use the leave-in by elucence and WGO oil on the ends

I use end papers with a bit of oil so that the oil can absorb into my ends so that they won't become dry and split/

I use the flexi-rods when i have a lot of new growth, (disguises better), and the magnetic rollers when I've had a fresh perm

-what you clip it with
with the magnetic rollers i just use the double pronged clips. with the flexi-rods, no clips are required. They are very easy to use and the curls can last for days. I let my curls last for about 3 to 4 days until I wash and set it again.

-how you dry your hair
I airdry my hair. I only use heat (hooded dryers) for my deep conditions

I apply Allways Oil Moisturizer in the morning and at night. I just rub a little through my hair, not enough to flaten the curls though

I don't wrap after i take out the magnetic rollers, and I don't think its possible to wrap after using the flexi-rods.
HTH....goodluck /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-What you wash and condition with - <font color="red">Elucence Shampoo &amp; Conditioner</font>
-What you apply on your hair before roller setting <font color="red">Lottabody Creme for wrapping and setting </font>
-whether or not you use end papers <font color="red">no...makes rolling slower to complete(personally I feel they are a pain in the ****</font> /images/graemlins/mad.gif
-what type of rollers you use <font color="red">magnetic and wire mesh </font>
-what you clip it with <font color="red">large silver clips and the snap on tops </font>
-how you dry your hair <font color="red">soft bonnet(GE) </font>
-what you apply, if anything, afterwards <font color="red">my own pomade </font>
-do you wrap it and sit back under the dryer? <font color="red">yes, when I want it straight </font>

Back