Rivas Silicon Mix Relaxer

Valarie1

While reading up on lacio-lacio I saw a relaxer called Rivas Silicon Mix Super Cream Relaxer. I'm wondering if anyone has tried this. Judging by the packaging it looks like it may be the same manufacturer as lacio-lacio.

amina kamal

I haven't seen many people using the dominican relaxers, even in dominican salons they seem to use american relaxers like mizani and designers touch more than dominican ones.

Valarie1

Ahh...ok.....thanks Amina.
I guess the Silicon is what is grabbing me. I know I should stick with my tried and true old school Soft N' Free

Ms. Plain Jane

I've heard the Dominican owner of the salon that I go to say that Dominican relaxers are ridiculously harsh and abrasive and that even though she's Dominican she would not use them. She also mentioned that her family in the DR always ask her to send American relaxers.

Valarie1

Thanks Jane....that's reason enough for me to stay away from them! May I ask which relaxer you use.....your hair is so healthy and beautiful!

Ms. Plain Jane

Thanks Jane....that's reason enough for me to stay away from them! May I ask which relaxer you use.....your hair is so healthy and beautiful!

::blush::

Thanks! I've been using ORS Olive Oil relaxer for some time now. I may try Elasta QP the next time I decide to relax...

Jenai

:bump:

Anyone else? I've also heard that Dominican relaxers are harsh, but the lye is listed pretty far down the list of ingredients. The ingredients look interesting.:

Rivas said:
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Ingredients: Water, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Laneth 15, Polysorbate 60, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium, Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Ciclomethycone, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Fragrance.[/FONT]