Ripe Avocado to temp-straighten natrual hair

Teva

I have a friend who introduced me to this board who swears that crushed ripe avocados helps to temporarily straighten her natural hair. Well, not straighten but it greatly loosens her natural curl.

Does any one else notice this?

lillian743

REALLLLLY?

You mean I can go from this->
to this->

babyblue

thats not true. I use a mashed avocado to condition my hair occasionally and it does not straighten or loosen curls. It does soften the hair though.

Teva

Everyone's hair is different. I saw old thread on Henna where some people swore that it loosened the curl and some other people did not see a change.

Devi

All conditioners that I use gently loosen my curls. I always thought it was because of the weight of the conditioner residue on my hair.

But some do it better than others.

Anyone have an idea why conditioner can loosen curls?

Oh, I've used avacado and I liked it.

chicamorena

Babyblue what type of avocado do you use, smooth or wrinkled? And if you use the smooth one, where do you get those kind from?

babyblue

[ QUOTE ]
ricamorena03 said:
Babyblue what type of avocado do you use, smooth or wrinkled? And if you use the smooth one, where do you get those kind from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the smooth one but im sure the wrinkled ones are good too. I get them from the supermarket around my way. they're not really hard to find.

Chichi

I think that this was mentioned in the African Beauty Secrets thread. I have never tried this.

Chichi