Revisiting Products That Didn't Work Before...

summergirl08

This morning, I was looking through one of my old products bins (you know, those products that did absolutely NOTHING for your hair but you have not thrown them away yet lol) and I saw the Pantene Relaxed and Natural Oil Moisturizer Creme. I thought to myself "I wonder if there's any way at all I could still use this stuff."

I co-washed with one of my suave conditioners and detangled as usual. After I did that, I applied the Pantene moisturizer through my wet hair and sealed with oil. My hair felt soooo moisturized and smelled delicious after I let it airdry! I usually find that products absorb into my hair better when it's wet. But I am just glad that I found some use for this product. Yea, it has mineral oil in it but it also has jojoba and coconut oils. However, to be honest, I dont mind mineral oil so much on my hair as long as its not on my scalp. So ladies, if you have some products in your stash that didn't work on dry hair, maybe you should try using it on wet hair! Sorry so long, just felt like sharing...

Dposh167

i don't think ive ever been so luck with that. once it sux it sux for me. i think i went back to HE LTR....and it sucked even more.

tgrowe

I trashed that Pantene Creme Oil Moisturizer; it was too heavy for my hair. Of course it does contain petroleum and mineral oil but do you if it works.
I recently retried the CHI Silk Fusion. I think I was putting too many "cone" products on my hair at once along with the CHI and my hair was dry, dull, and stiff. Just used it the other day when I flatironed, and I loved it.

skatergurljubulee

The Aphogee product line wasn't working for me ( except the protien treatments are divine) so I dropped them for six months. I used the shampoo for damaged hair and my hair was a tangly, dry, stripped mess. I'd never lost so much hair in my life. lol BUT, I revisited not three days ago ( all damaged hair has been removed and I can't remember the last time I used commercial dyes or applied heat to my hair- even when deep conditioning- I dc for an hour or more. lol I love reading in the bathtub! lol) using the balancing condish and the shampoo for moisture and my hair ate it up! I'm a Creme of Nature user (have been all my life), but I'm sold on Aphogee. I'm thinking about waiting to get the shampoo for damaged hair until I use up what shampoo I have. Maybe it'll work now since the other shampoo worked so well? Let's hope so.

MrsMe

I haven't revisited any of my old products...and it's because I try to use them until they are finished...broke PJ in the house! lol However, I'm gonna try to revisit Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding. The last time I used it, my hair was too crunchy and it did not help much with the shrinking. So, I'm gonna do it MY way this time and see how it's going to turn out.

Toy

I wish i could go back and try the product again once they suck the first couple of times i am through.