Review: VO5 Clarifying Conditioners

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Since CVS was having that $0.66 sale, I picked up 2 of the clarifying cons on offer.

For $0.66 I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised by the Vanilla Mint Tea con. It only took 1-2 healthy squirts to saturate my hair and gave quite a bit of slip to help with detangling. I had never used a clarifying conditioner before and expected it to be drying, but my hair was decently moisturized. The end result for me was 'decent'. The product isn't on par with the butter soft hair I get from NTM Hair Mask or Silicon Mix, but I can't be mad at the results I got, especially for the price. I will probably purchase this one again @ full price, i.e., $0.99

The Kiwi Lime Squeeze con was another matter. I had to put 4-5 healthy squirts on my hair to get any trace of slip. That and while it smells 'ok' when you take a few whiffs from the bottle, it has a 'cheap mens cologne' odor going on when you've got a 1/4 bottle of it on your head. Even though I was able to detangle, my hair felt a bit stripped. I'm guessing that maybe citrus extract is harsher than vanilla mint extract. Whatever it is, once this bottle is finished, I won't be repurchasing.

Vo5 Tea Therapy -Vanilla Mint Tea
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Niacinamide, Biotin, Fragrance, Butylphenyl Methylpropional

Vo5 Herbal Escapes - Kiwi lime squeeze
Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Centrimonium Chloride, Stearalkonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Glyceryl Stearate, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Rosmarinum Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Actindia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biotin, Niacinaminde, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone 4, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

ImFree27

I like the vanilla mint, smells good and works good never tried the kiwi one yet, but I have it, you can buy it at regular price at wal-mart for like79 or 92 cents cant remember, but cheaper:grin:

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Thanks for that review, Coily. I saw those clarifying conditioners when I was stocking up on that sale too. Had a sistah over here wondering how a conditioner could possibly clarify (seems like an oxymoron to me).

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
^To be clarifyers, it didn't feel like they cleansed my hair any more thoroughly than other conditioners. They both left that coated feeling that comes with co-washing.