Review of Rhassoul Clay.....

fancypants007

I used this this weekend and was pleasantly surprised. I mixed it with some Trader Joe's conditioner and warm water into a pudding and applied it to my hair. I was primarily interested in getting looser curls and softer hair especially the parts that were underprocessed. Well all I can see is WOW! My hair is soooo soft. The Rhassoul clay was a very fine powder and it didn't take forever to rinse out. I deep conditioned afterwards, 30 minutes with heat and then I left it on for another 1 1/2 hours. I proceeded to style (i do braidouts but I put my hair in a bun) and this morning my hair feels so moisturised. I am going to do this as a deep conditioner with yogurt every week. Also, has anyone used the Lustrasilk Moisture Hair Replacement Mist? I saturate my hair with this and then apply my oils/butters. My hair seemingly appears to love this stuff. I wanted to start using a spray opposed to a cream because my hair is fine and I don't want to have product buildup. My hair is also loving Optimum Care "nourish" creme hairdress but this stuff has been discontinued. I have to find a replacement. Anyhow I just wanted to share which is what this forum is all about, sharing.

cutiebe2

I like Rassoul Clay. I used to mix it with warm coconut cream and coconut milk. I stopped when I started using Henna (too many powders) but I plan on finishing the packet sometime soon

sharifeh

I have some rhassoul, I have yet to use it though....It's not in powder form either. Thanks for the review, OP.

fancypants007

Where did you all purchase your Rhassoul clay?

I ordered mine from Moose Creek Bath and Body because it was micronized rhassoul clay which is a very fine powder. I have also purchased some from MountainRoseHerbs which I hear is also good. I ordered the Baka Beauty Natural laxer which I will be doing this weekend, but they only give you 2oz. for $14.95 which I don't think is enough to do my whole head. I purchased the rhassoul clay because some one on another forum said that it too will loosen the curl and make hair soft, so rhassoul clay will be replacing the Natural laxer.

sdfw

Thanks for this. I normally use my Rhassoul clay for face masks but I'll have to try it on my hair sometime soon.

fancypants007

Have you tried bentonite clay and how does rhassoul compare to that?

I heard that bentonite clay pulls more of the oil out of your hair and your hair appears to be very dry. Some here on the forum have had some success with bentonite and others with rhassoul. I decided to get rhassoul because I want to accomplish my goal (softer hair especially the underprocessed parts) without feeling that my hair is stripped. I guess it's everyone's choice!

Nasdaq_Diva

I actually was just looking at this thread a few days ago. It's been a while since I did a rhassoul treatment on my hair. I'm debating on rhassoul or bentonite. We shall see!

Krystle~Hime

Have you tried bentonite clay and how does rhassoul compare to that?
Bentonite for a big detoxifying + clarifying. (best to use once a month)
Rhassoul clarifying properties plus conditioning a little also. (can be used weekly(as shampoo, or a gloss as OP did)
:bump::bump:

Anymore Rhassoul users/lovers?? :grin:

Meeeee :spinning:
That's my favorite natural shampoo (with african black soap) !!!!!!!!.
It leaves my hair so soft and so clean.
as it's a very fine powder it only takes a few for rinse it out properly. instead of shikakai powder every times I had tried to rinse it it was hard to rinse aaaaall the grains.

CrueltyFree

I love rhassoul clay. I've tried to make it on my own but I've never gotten good results with it. I use the Anita Grant rhassoul deep conditioner and I think it's amazing. There are other moisturizing ingredients in it so mixing it with warm water is good enough for me. I'm afraid if I mix it with coconut milk or cream that I won't like it that much and then I would have wasted it because it's too expensive for that.lol! I probably will try it with coconut milk though.

Nasdaq_Diva

I have like a 1lb bag of Rhassoul Clay from FNWL. I've used it maybe 3x on my hair and 4x on my face.

I'm going to use it tomorrow!I usually only mix mine with water..maybe tomorrow I'll be a little creative with mine.

Any suggestions ladies (and gents)

empressri

dang, way back when i bought some organic fair trade cocoa powder to mix with my rhassoul to use as a treatment. never got round to trying it...

Curlykale

I love cocoa powder, it seems to add shine when I add it to coconut milk or conditioners! Plus all those minerals and antioxidants and the smell... yum yum...

Ok, so I tried the rhassoul treatment one week ago (rhassoul + water)and my verdict is:
PROS=
- I could easily finger detangle my hair before using any conditioner, oil or deep treatment. just with the rhassol and water. which was incredible, especially since I hadn't detangled in 2 weeks (I'm APL, natural, 3c/4a).

- I didn't have to use a lot (my mixture was liquid) and I have a LOT of hair ( I applied it to wet hair, though. I had some residue of my leave in)

- My hair felt extremely light.

- The shine was crazy.

- It was extremely clean, yet non stripped, and soft. The ends felt smooth and thick.

- My hair seems to retain moisture more and it's easier to detangle this week.

CONS:

-My hair was HUGE. It's never been this huge. I mean, really HUUUUUUUUGE. LOL Maybe I should try butters and conditioner or coconut milk with it the next time I do a treatment, just to weigh down my hair, as I like it weighed down? (...) (i.e. the Anita Grant Rhassoul is mixed with butters if I'm not wrong). Any suggestion will be really appreciated as I would love to use it again...

- If you have superhard water like me you will need an ACV rinse afterwards.

Last edited:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Well I tried Bentonite Clay today.

I made a "whipped" shampoo using Bentonite Clay powder, Jane Carter leave in conditioner, ACV, distilled water, JBCO and Argon oil. I added all ingredients then whipped in by blender until smooth & aerated. I painted it on my hair then plastic cap for 40 minutes.

My hair was completely clean, just slightly dry but all buildup was gone. I followed up with my normal protein then moisture DC.

I will be adding this to my routine.