Rev Up Your Scalp to Grow More Hair Challenge....

fancypants007

OK, the Sweet Success Challenge is over and I'm putting myself on another one. This challenge is two parts. The first part is applying cayenne and olive oil to your scalp at least 2 times a week leaving it on overnight and washing/co-washing the next day. If you want, you can do a scalp massage, but I'm not planning on doing one myself.

This is what someone posted from this forum sometime ago and I kept it in my personal records.....

"My friend's little sister cut her hair close to her head and now it's down to her butt.

She mixed olive oil and cayenne pepper in a bottle with a nozzle (like the WGO bottle) left it in her hair for one day and shampooed it out (she did this until her hair started grow like she wanted it to).

[/ QUOTE ]

How often did she do this? That is, how many times per week/month?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime she washed her hair which was 2 to 3 times per week.
Yes, store bought cayenne pepper, and she mixed at least two table spoons into a bottle about the size of the WGO bottle. Oh, and it took less than almost two years for her hair to grow to her butt."

I know growing your hair calls for patience, but I'm trying to rev up my scalp so it can produce more growth. Cayenne pepper is a efficient way to get your blood circulating so by applying it to your scalp; well it can help kick things into high gear.

Applying some kind of herbal oil/pomade/grease that aids in hair growth is the second part of the challenge. I'm going to let you be the judge as to how often you will apply it to your scalp. I'm personally going to be using the Boundless Tresses and I will be applying it at least 5 times a week. That's It! Keep to your regular routine with the exceptions as noted above. I will wear my hair in protective styles, give myself relaxer touchups every 12 weeks, keep ends protected by applying oil to them, etc. This challenge is for one year, but we can meet up together in about 6 months to see where everyone is. Are there any takers?

For those who may not be able to withstand the "hotness" from cayenne pepper, just do this scalp treatment and leave it on for about 30 minutes instead of overnight and then wash it out. Do this at least 2 times a week.

V

vivadiva85

I'm down too!
I like this idea. I do not need to buy anymore products since I have rent to pay and no job, BUT cayenne pepper isn't too expensive, and I already got the olive oil.

Sounds interesting ... I'll at least try it and see how my hair reacts. How big is a WGO bottle, and do you know of any place I can get something similar? If it's the size of a BT bottle, maybe I can use that when I'm done with my first bottle.

fancypants007

InsatiableMe said:
Sounds interesting ... I'll at least try it and see how my hair reacts. How big is a WGO bottle, and do you know of any place I can get something similar? If it's the size of a BT bottle, maybe I can use that when I'm done with my first bottle.

The WGO bottle is alot smaller, I think it is 4oz instead of the BT 8oz. bottle. You can use the 8oz BT bottle, but add 4T of cayenne pepper instead of 2T.

fancypants007

lynb76 said:
I'm down is there an official start date

Sorry, I forgot to say. It starts now! So whenever days you want to select during the week to do the cayenne pepper/olive oil overnight treatment is up to you. I am quite busy, so my days wills be on Monday night (co-wash on Tuesday, and Friday night (wash hair on Saturday).

fancypants007 said:
The WGO bottle is alot smaller, I think it is 4oz instead of the BT 8oz. bottle. You can use the 8oz BT bottle, but add 4T of cayenne pepper instead of 2T.

Thanks. OK, now I already know this is probably a silly question, but I just want to be 100% sure - we're talking about olive oil like you cook with, right? :p I know the answer, I just need to hear it. LOL.

MonaRae

Add me to the list!

I'm so ahhh with my hair. I know it growning but it doesn't show. I'm ready to stand on my head for 10 minute a day just to get it to grow. Cayenne pepper is a lot easier!

MonaRae

fancypants007

InsatiableMe said:
Thanks. OK, now I already know this is probably a silly question, but I just want to be 100% sure - we're talking about olive oil like you cook with, right? :p I know the answer, I just need to hear it. LOL.

That's right. I use extra virgin olive oil and i usually buy in Giant Food Store.

scarcity21

fancypants007 said:
Any brand will do fine. I buy just regular McCormick's cayenne pepper from Giant Food store.

thank you fancy:) im going to unofficially join seeing that i dont do to good with challenges:)

fancypants007 said:
That's right. I use extra virgin olive oil and i usually buy in Giant Food Store.

Thanks, that's exactly where I'll be headed ... I've been needing some cayenne pepper to cook with anyway. This will make me actually go get it. :)

fancypants007 said:

So, I bought a small applicator bottle today (from Sally's), the olive oil, and ground red pepper (the tiny $2.99 container of Cayenne pepper that I originally picked up said "ground red pepper" in parentheses, so I decided to get the 99 cent ground red pepper that was 4 times the size).

So it's the 2T of pepper and and the olive oil is 4 oz, right?
I'm going to do my first application tonite. I'm excited :clap:.

fancypants007

InsatiableMe said:
So, I bought a small applicator bottle today (from Sally's), the olive oil, and ground red pepper (the tiny $2.99 container of Cayenne pepper that I originally picked up said "ground red pepper" in parentheses, so I decided to get the 99 cent ground red pepper that was 4 times the size).

So it's the 2T of pepper and and the olive oil is 4 oz, right?
I'm going to do my first application tonite. I'm excited :clap:.

You got it! I will do my first one tonight as well. I usually mix it up in a bowl/container and then pour it into my bottle. I'm excited as well!

fancypants007

ajargon02 said:
dumb question, but is this safe?

Cayenne pepper according to many physicians is an herb that you should not be without. It's medicinal properities are awesome. If you do your own research on cayenne pepper you will see what I'm talking about. Cayenne pepper is very good in getting your blood circulating and this goes hand in hand with hair growth. We can eat all the nutritious food we want, but if it does not get to our scalp it will not benefit us at all. I have been somewhat diligent about using cayenne pepper, but I decided to challenge myself by putting myself on a challenge to see if in 6 months I will have acquired additional hair growth. I will document with pictures and at the end of six months I will compare. I had a concoction where I mixed ginger into the mix as well, but I'm not going to do it with this one.

All I can say is try it and you be the judge. If it becomes unbearable for you to keep on all night, then that's why I suggested that for those who can't stand it, do the treatment for 30 minutes and then shampoo your hair. You still will be benefitting your hair by getting the blood to your scalp. You make the decision whether this is for you or not.

ajargon02 said:
dumb question, but is this safe?

That's not a dumb question at all. I do know that I've seen this suggested elsewhere for people with hair loss to stimulate the scalp. I've haven't seen anything bad about it so far.

fancypants007

I applied my first cayenne pepper/olive oil mix last night to my scalp and I survived all through the night. It was not that bad, I could feel it tingling a little bit. I'm excited about this challenge because I know that with blood circulating through my scalp my hope is that it will increase my hair growth.

tnorenberg

fancypants007 said:

Is that 2T 2 teaspoons or tablespoons?:confused:

So I did my first application two nights ago. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, I had planned to just cowash the next morning, but I had to shampoo, b/c I was having difficulty getting all of the pepper out of my hair. I'll try it again in a couple days though.

Does everyone always feel heat/tingling? I didn't feel anything :(

fancypants007

tnorenberg said:
Is that 2T 2 teaspoons or tablespoons?:confused:

It's 2 tablespoons. You will have a mild tingle. If you want it to be more intense, perhaps I would add 1 T of ginger to the mix which I think i'm going to do when I make my next batch.

fancypants007

InsatiableMe said:
So I did my first application two nights ago. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, I had planned to just cowash the next morning, but I had to shampoo, b/c I was having difficulty getting all of the pepper out of my hair. I'll try it again in a couple days though.

Does everyone always feel heat/tingling? I didn't feel anything :(

I don't seem to get as many pepper flakes and when I wash it, it comes right out. I don't get that much tingle either. Perhaps you can add 1 T of ginger to your mix. I tried another mixture 2 months ago with acv + cayenne pepper + ginger and my scalp was on fire. It was a pre-poo treatment and you only left it on for about 5 minutes but I left mine on for about 30 minutes. Then you wash it out of your hair. The whole purpose of this challenge is to stimulate the scalp, so I think I will start trying this one instead of the olive oil. ACV is alot cheaper too than the olive oil. Here is the recipe if anyone is interested in doing this one instead:

"Mix one 12-ounce bottle of apple-cider-vinegar with three tablespoons of cayenne pepper (capsicum). If using other than condiment style cayenne pepper, like the capsules, then beware of the heat units contained. Cayenne supplements are offered in 40,000 to 200,000 heat units. Use the same three tablespoons worth if the cayenne capsules read 40,000 heat units on the label. If using 100,000 heat units capsicum, then reduce the amount of cayenne to the mixture by one half. If using 200,000 heat units, reduce the amount by a quarter. The amount of ginger to add (optional) can be from one tablespoon or more of ginger powder. Ginger will add to the tingling sensation and help reduce the heat from the capsicum while aiding circulation".

Try this and let me know what you think!