Retaining length: Which would you do?

Which would you do?

• Wear 1 install for 12 weeks

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Wear 2 installs for 8 weeks each

Votes: 38 88.4%

• Total voters

FemmeFatale

You are relaxed with 4B texture hair and your hair thrives off of little to no manipulation. If you were 4" away from BSL and your method of protective styling was wearing weaves (you've retained a lot of length that way)..Would you wear your wear your install for 3 months almost accumulating 3" of NG with the assistance of juicing, protein and vitamins OR would you play it safe and wear your install for 2 months almost accumulating 2", possibly relax in between and then do another install for 2 months and gain another 2"?

With option one you get to stretch for 12 weeks, with option 2 you only stretch for 8 weeks.

Which sounds like a safer bet and why?

baddison

natural for good
Since I normally stretch for 16 weeks at a time anyway (3 relaxers a year...), I would definitely opt for the 2 installs, 8weeks apart. So, when I take down the first install, instead of relaxing, I would give my hair the treatment of her life! Deep conditionting with both moisture and protein, before I put in the second install. :yep:

FemmeFatale

Since I normally stretch for 16 weeks at a time anyway (3 relaxers a year...), I would definitely opt for the 2 installs, 8weeks apart. So, when I take down the first install, instead of relaxing, I would give my hair the treatment of her life! Deep conditionting with both moisture and protein, before I put in the second install. :yep:

With all the vitamins I'm taking, I don't know if that would work. I will think about it.

yoli184

You are relaxed with 4B texture hair and your hair thrives off of little to no manipulation. If you were 4" away from BSL and your method of protective styling was wearing weaves (you've retained a lot of length that way)..Would you wear your wear your install for 3 months almost accumulating 3" of NG with the assistance of juicing, protein and vitamins OR would you play it safe and wear your install for 2 months almost accumulating 2", possibly relax in between and then do another install for 2 months and gain another 2"?

With option one you get to stretch for 12 weeks, with option 2 you only stretch for 8 weeks.

Which sounds like a safer bet and why?

Had a sew-in last year over the summer for 8 weeks and it ruined my hair!
I would stay away from them.
Either way.....HHG

FEB. 2012

MAY 2012

MAY 2012

SEPT.2012 after sew-in
(thin and see-thru ends)
Ended up cutting back to line 1

JAN 2013

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I ALWAYS play it safe.

I would install for two months. With intensive care. Then take down. Relax my leave out ONLY or not at all. Then weave it back up for two more months.

I did this for years and retained a lot. But I didn't relax my hair when I was weaving. I let my hair rest.

virtuenow

I already did this this past year. I wore installs for a year, re-installing every 8-12weeks or so. I retained well-- by washing and deep conditioning once a week.