Removing Braids

honeycomb719

Hey ladies, I'm going to be removing my braids in a few days and I need some advice. I've had these braids in since Dec. 21st and I was aiming for 2mths but not going make it roots looking bad /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. I'm worried about retaining the length that I have. My last relaxer was Nov8th, and I know once I remove them I have too wait a few weeks before I relax, but I have about 2 1/2 inches of new growth, and I know if I'm not careful I will experience alot of breakage. What type of shampoo should I use till I relax? I was thinking about doing the condition-only washes til it's time to relax. Is this a good idea? Should I trim before or after I relax in Feb? I was thinking before I relax, but don't know if this is best. Thanx in advance to all who responds /images/graemlins/cool.gif Open to all recommendations.

Relaxed 4a thin hair: (Relaxer type) Organics by Africa's Best no-lye(reg)
Current Length: Different 3-7inches w/ the front and sides being the shortest
Goal: Even Healthy Shoulder Length Hair
Shampoos Used> Motions Lavishing, 911 Moisturizing, Fantasia's Tea-Tree Naturals

Conditioners Used> LeKair's Aloe Cholestorol, Motions Oil Moisturizer, Organics Hair Mayo, Fantasia's IC Deep Penetrating, Tea-Tree Naturals <Leave-Ins> Infusium 23, Motions

Kitkat

Use strengthening and moisturizing shampoos, and follow up with a really good protein and moisturizing conditioner. That will help make sure your hair is in tip top shape for the relaxer. Motions shampoo will leave your hair really soft, and so will Creme of Nature. Aubreys GPB is a concentrated protein conditioner that will leave your hair soft. Motions Moisture Plus conditioner is also great and leaves your hair really soft. There are tons of other shampoos and conditioners that we've discussed on this board that fit this bill. Hope this helps.

honeycomb719

Thanx for the advice Kitkat, I was thinking about starting the olive oil tx for pre-shampoos. Does this help w/ keeping the two different textures managable? How long should I keep it in?

Relaxed 4a Hair(thin)
Current Length: Different 3-7inches w/ the front and side being the shortest
Goal: Even Healthy Shoulder Length Hair