Remind me of what serums are for again

J

JenniferMD

I use John Frieda's texture correcting serum in my regiment due to rave reviews from this board but I have no idea what it's doing for my hair. I honestly don't see a difference in my hair after using it.

What are serums doing for your hair? And how do you use them? Wet or dry hair? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, thanks!

PrettyBrownEyes

Jen,

You can still find that stuff?! It's discontinued,but, I really thought it was a good product.

I use serums only for when I blow-dry my hair. I apply them to damp hair. Works great for me. Never has worked out for me on dry hair though.

J

JenniferMD

I keep hearing that it was discontinued but I see it EVERYWHERE! I paid the $12 for it and wasn't satisfied...I don't blowdry my hair but I'll see if I notice a difference when airdrying it. I think I'm going to stop using it on my hair dry.

dija23

I used to use the John Freida serum and I loved it! I used it to blow-out my hair straight when it was texturized and curly. And it always got my hair super-straight!

I also used it to keep fly-aways down and it gave great shine to my hair when it was pulled back in a ponytail. (all this when my hair was dry)

hubutterfly

I love John Freida Relax correcting serum! I use it while my hair is still really wet and it makes my hair soooo much easier to comb through.

J

JenniferMD

hubutterfly, do you use it strickly for detangling purposes or does it help with something else?

LiLi

IMO the purpose of serums are for shine and manageability during wet combing.

BTW, Jennifer, your hair is sooo gorgeous!!! What brand and type of relaxer was put in for your last relaxer?

J

JenniferMD

Thanks LiLi, after talking to Southerngirl and Beverly I decided to try Vitale.

sylver2

I use John Frieda Frizz Ease xtra strength serum. Love it and can't live iwthout it now. i don't know how I survived before. It took away the frizzies and sealed my ends. I use it as soon as I get out of shower when hair is soaking wet. When I blow dry, hair drys so smooth. It never use to do that.

hubutterfly

JenniferMD said:
hubutterfly, do you use it strickly for detangling purposes or does it help with something else?

It also helps me to do a smoother roller set. I dont have to pull as hard at the start of rolling or comb through as much to get my hair straight on the roller and I have less frizzies when I remove my rollers. I dont think that it give my hair lots of shine. My hair needs carrot oil or profectiv oil sheen spray for that.

J

JenniferMD

Thanks guys, I think I'll use it more on wet hair than dry.