Relaxing while pregnant?

mags23

Hi ladies,

I'm about 10 weeks post texlax. Just find out I'm expecting. So I've been debating if I should use chemicals in my hair, especially in the first trimester. Any input?

I don't think you should. Why not just continue stretching and maybe treat yourself to rollersets every couple of weeks to keep the roots straight.

I know many that do, and my doctor didn't tell me not to do it. But thats the way I ended up going natural. Because my son's father really didn't want me to get one while I was pregnant. So I respected his wishes, and I like to stretch my relaxers anyways, so here i am natural lol.

I always say ask your doctor. I relaxed with two of my children but I didn't care for the side effects. This time I am natural and I wouldn't relax.

@Readyone, what happened?

I could smell the relaxer, yes relaxer, through my pores:perplexed. Some things happend with my children, which I have yet to rule the relaxer being the cause. I am not saying the relaxer caused it, but I should have erred on the side of caution before getting them. There were some other things also that I prefer not the say. But lets just say it wasn't good:ohwell:.

I have also done a bit research about relaxers and pregnancy as well as sulfur and oil mix:look: and I personally would not do it until at least 2nd trimester.

When I was relxaed I looked it up and asked my Dr.. Both said it was fine. I had no ill side effects when I relaxed while pregnant and I don't know anyone who has. However, if you aren't comfortable, ask your dr.. They'll steer you in the right direction.

Congratulations!!!

OMG I used to relax my hair while pregnant and didn't think twice about it LOL I guess you should probably wait until the baby is born.

Congratulations!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I would ask your dr.

Most say it's ok, especially AFTER first trimester.

I chose not to relax while pregnant. That's just me though.....

I did texlax soon after I had him. I Couldn't wait! Lol! :)

I wore a weave while pregnant. It made haircare and stretching very easy. Especially after delivery.

I don't know whether it's safe or not. But if you're having doubts, why chance it? Like, why risk it, if in the back of your head you think it might harm your baby?

We have an intuition for a reason. We should learn to trust it a little more.

I relaxed while pregnant and I am currently pregnant and relaxed when I was 3mths! I am now transitioning for the 2nd and hopefully last time to natural! This relaxer didnt take good but its the first that has never taken good while I've been pregnant.

I relaxed throughout both of my pregnancies with zero adverse effects on my babies. I breastfed as well.

My doctor was ok with it because I always had them professionally done. She was more concerned about me watching what I ate and getting enough exercise.

Just check with your doctor and do your own research. Do whatever you are comfortable with.

Sent from my Comet using Long Hair Care Forum App

I know a lot of women who don't relax while pregnant, but I don't know that there are any real problems with doing so. I was natural when I was pregnant, but I can tell you that my sense of smell was very much heightened, and I don't think I would have been able to handle the smell.

Congrats!

I did not relax while pregnant and had I known about LHCF I would be all natural by now. That was a year ago but anywho I stayed braided up for the sake of having no energy to do my hair I just assumed it wasn't safe until a week before giving birth my doc was like oh yeah u can do it lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Back