Relaxer Recommendations

gradygirl

Ladies with 4A/4B hair what type of lye based relaxer should I get. I just started relaxing. My hair is very course and hard to relax. I tried using Elasta QP lye relaxer and my naps went :lachen: oh no she didnt.
Thanks.

Currently I use Mizani regular which is pretty good. But when I used Affirm Fiberguard it was the bomb!

Last edited:
gradygirl said:
Ladies with 4A/4B hair what type of lye based relaxer should I get. I just started relaxing. My hair is very course and hard to relax. I tried using Elasta QP lye relaxer and my naps went :lachen: oh no she didnt.
Thanks.

:lol:

I was thinking of switching to Elasta QP this weekend, but I read bad reviews about it in another thread. I decided to stick to old faithful --> Revlon Realistic (regular).

gradygirl said:
Thanks.

Design Essentials is good too

I've had underprocessed hair for over a year now since I couldn't find a relaxer that straightens good enough but Silk Elements has finally done it. My hair is soft and silky.

I still want to try Design Essentials but I'm very happy with Silk Elements. I just wish that I could buy the tub but you have to be licensed to get it.

Last edited:
Thanks ladies. Where do you get Design essentials relaxer from? I know JC Penneys Salon has the Mizani relaxer do you guys know if they do the Keracare relaxers also?

gradygirl said:
Thanks ladies. Where do you get Design essentials relaxer from? I know JC Penneys Salon has the Mizani relaxer do you guys know if they do the Keracare relaxers also?

There was a thread on here last week about some website that you can order Design Essentials cause usually you have to be licensed to purchase it...if I am not mistaken BlueDiamond said she ordered it...

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I use Vitale Life and Body Lye relaxer, in the brown and tan tub.

co signing with Vitale, compared to my underprocessed hair (motions relaxed BOOOO) my vitale relaxed hair is nice n straight, no reversion nada, zilch, niet, and i airdry twice a week GO VITALE GO VITALE GO VITALE GO GO GO

Tene said:
It comes in mild also

I thought so. I went to the Beauty supply store last night to pick some up and the lady said they only made that brand in regular and super. She tried to talk me into buying Bantu mild instead. I know that the Vitale Mo'body only comes in Regular and Super, so I didn't think she was maliciously lying. Now I just have to find it somewhere else.

I believe the Vitale Mo'body is the mild one and Vitale Life and Body is regular, and Vitale Concorde is Super.
myco said:
I thought so. I went to the Beauty supply store last night to pick some up and the lady said they only made that brand in regular and super. She tried to talk me into buying Bantu mild instead. I know that the Vitale Mo'body only comes in Regular and Super, so I didn't think she was maliciously lying. Now I just have to find it somewhere else.

Back