Relaxer confusion...

lana

Can someone please help me? I bought Mizani Butter Blends relaxer...expecting it to be a LYE relaxer. I checked out at the register and didn't notice until I left the store that the sales lady slipped in an activator bottle and a stirring stick...doesn't that make it a NO-Lye relaxer?

I was under the impression that if you have to "mix" the activator with the relaxer then that makes it NO-Lye.

No-Lye breaks my hair.

Lye works for my texlax (under processed relaxer)....

So...please help.

Prior to this I have been using Mizani Butter Blends and it NEVER came with an activator bottle.

I'm really confused. At this point, I'm planning to return it and research what to buy so that I can get a LYE relaxer (no-mix).

ThickRoot

I use Mizani too -- that's all I use. I've heard people say on this board that the Butter Blends are lye but that's not true the Butter Blends formulas are the no-lye. It confused me too from things mentioned here but when I went to the bss and read the packages myself that's what I get from it. You can also google both online and see what you come up with.

I'm sure someone else will chime in...

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I've had both: The No-Lye for Sensitive Scalp that had to be mixed. With a Pink-ish Oil mix.

And I've had a 4lb Butter Blends that didn't required mixing.