Relaxed ladies

What I found was that when I was natural I could use something like EQ Mango butter but now that I am relaxed it weighs my hair down. Some1 else can probally explain it better than I can. It seems like most relaxed head have to not be so heavy handed as not the weigh the hair down.

Any1 else chime in................

I like EQP mango butter because it is heavy. It slicks my edges down so nice that I'm starting to think I can go without relaxing them. Also its great for my ends.

I'm heavy handed with most product, so my challenge is to find things I can be heavy with that still won't weigh me down. So far KBB Super Silky and plain old EVCO top the list. I'm also loving SheScentIt Coco Creme. Oh-and AfroVeda Bruhti hair creme.

Shampoo: CON green label - ran out of the old formula so I'm hoping to have luck with a find from Marshalls

Condish: CON purple label - discontinued so I'm hoping to have luck with another product I picked up from Marshalls lol. The new version is good though. I will def. go back to it if this product fails. Aphogee 2 min for protein.

Leave in: Aphogee Pro-vitamin leave and NTM silk touch. LOVE LOVE LOVE - will not replace unless they stop making both lol

Oil: Jamaican mango and lime. LOVE! Smells just downright sinful and very light.

Greatest trial: Overprocessing in June

Hair type: I really don't know. 4 something

Length: Little longer than APL.

I'm not going to share since I'm still trying things out. But I want to bump this thread.

It's interesting, I eventually want to go to one line (or mostly one line), and I was thinking Phyto or Redken, but it looks like the most popular is Kera Care, so I'll have to add that to my to try list (and some of those DC's that Terri is using).

Thanks ladies for sharing.

Hey Pana:wave:! OOO....Yeah, Redken is a Great Choice. I don't know How I forgot to List that One in my "Star Line Up" Of Conditioners and Redken has such variety. The only one I really didn't care for was: All Soft Heavy Creme.:perplexed But You might enjoy.

Some of the Redken I have are:

Extreme Rescue
Rescue Force
Deep Fuel
Anti Snap

Smooth Down
Butter Treat
Heat Glide (for Flat-Ironing)

Intense Moisture Renewal
Deep Hydration Masque

Also most of the others I mentioned can be found at: beauty-mart.com.
Good Prices and they give you detailed outlines of the Products.:grin:

ETA: For an Extra-Added "SPLURGE" Don't Sleep on Rene Furterer Products!

Last edited:
Please give the following:

Shampoo:
11vYNlkdn2L._SL500_AA160_.jpg

MOP (Modern Organic Products) C-System Hydrating Shampoo

Condish:
350__1_08765774344.jpg

Aveda Scalp Benefits Conditioner

Leave in:
I prefer spray leave-ins to creamy ones, and rotate between these:

41606606-300x300-0-0_Carol+s+Daughter+Black+Vanilla+Leave+In+Conditione.jpg

Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-in Conditioner

yhst-77063679085794_2073_23517024

back to basics sunflower leave-in conditioner

Oil: I love using vatika oil on my scalp. i also used coconut oil and brewed my own homemade amla/tulsi oil. i use dabur amla oil on my hair for shine, and i have fallen in love with Carol's Daughter Lisa's Hair Elixer (basically almond & peppermint scented soybean oil), which smells heavenly

Greatest trial: learning that my fine strands will break off if i manipulate them too much. i've countered this by reducing my washing to 1x per week, not using any heat whatsoever, and hiding my hair 24/7.

Hair type: extremely fine strands, medium density.

Length: Uneven. Most of my hair is APL though.

Hey Pana:wave:! OOO....Yeah, Redken is a Great Choice. I don't know How I forgot to List that One in my "Star Line Up" Of Conditioners and Redken has such variety. The only one I really didn't care for was: All Soft Heavy Creme.:perplexed But You might enjoy.

Some of the Redken I have are:

Extreme Rescue
Rescue Force
Deep Fuel
Anti Snap

Smooth Down
Butter Treat
Heat Glide (for Flat-Ironing)

Intense Moisture Renewal
Deep Hydration Masque

Also most of the others I mentioned can be found at: beauty-mart.com.
Good Prices and they give you detailed outlines of the Products.:grin:

ETA: For an Extra-Added "SPLURGE" Don't Sleep on Rene Furterer Products!

OMG, You are NO JOKE! I will definitely check out that site...and extend my list of products to try. At this rate, I'll find staples in 10 years!

Terri how are you liking this?
Intense Moisture Renewal
Deep Hydration Masque

Does it live up to its name?

I couldn't decide on just four products, but here goes:

Shampoo: Motions CPR/Motions Lavish Conditioning/Suave Daily Clarifying (every two weeks)

DC Condish: Motions Reconstructor/Motions After Shampoo Moisturizing Condish

Co-Wash Condish: Garnier/Suave/HE

Leave in: ORS Carrot Oil/NTM

Oil: Hot Six Oil (will probably try coconut oil next year)

Greatest trial: Getting my breakage under control!!! I finally have zero breakage when I moisturize and seal my ends so I’m going into maintenance mode with my regimen. No CHANGES FOR THE REST OF 2009!

Hair type: Relaxed 4a/4b

Length: APL (as of my last relaxer on 9/16/09! :woohoo:)

What I found was that when I was natural I could use something like EQ Mango butter but now that I am relaxed it weighs my hair down. Some1 else can probally explain it better than I can. It seems like most relaxed head have to not be so heavy handed as not the weigh the hair down.

Any1 else chime in................

I agree with you. I bought Elasta QP Mango Butter because everyone was raving about it, but it just weighed my hair down and made it feel waxy when I used it all over my head. Now, I use it by mixing it with a tiny little bit of Just for Me soft hold gel, putting it on my edges, and tying a scarf while I get dressed. When I take off the scarf, my edges are flat and everything is smooth.

And I do use it as an extra sealant for my ends on really cold days, because it's heavier than most oils. I find that my hair can hang onto more moisture if I put the moisturizer, then the mango butter, then the oil.

Shampoo: KeraCare 1st Lather and Detangling Mosturizing
Condish: HE Hello Hydration, Motions After Shampoo Moisture
Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In, Lacio Lacio
Oil: Vatika, JBCO, EVOO
Greatest trial: Patience & Trying to figure out what my hair likes
Hair type: Ummmm..
Length: SL

Shampoo: Aveda Damage Remedy shampoo

Condish: Motions CPR

Leave in: PM The Conditioner/Shescentit Moisture Mist

Oil: Hydratherma Naturals Growth Oil

Greatest trial: truly paying attention to my hair and its needs, and responding accordingly

Hair type: 4b

Length: APL

Conditioner:WEN
DC: WEN Intense Re-moist hair mask, Mizami Kerafuse
Leave in: Cantu Shea Butter
Oil:Castor Oil

Greatest trial: None, now that I have all my staples

Hair Type: 4A/B

Length: Full APL

Shampoo: Nexxus Therappe, Kenra MS, or PM Super Strong (alternate)
Condish: Nexxus Humectress, Kenra MC, Tigi Dumb Blonde, Aphogee 2 Minute
Leave in: Aphogee Keratin/Pro Vitamin Leave Ins, Kerastase, Joico K-Pak and PM Super Strong (Alternate)
Oil: Global Goddess (love it) used as a prepoo
Greatest trial: Growing out over-processed no-lye - retaining...
Hair type: Fine
Length: Sl (I guess) - a little longer than my avi

Shampoo: Giovanni Magnetic Energizing Shampoo, To clarify I use Kenra Clarifying shampoo.

Condish: For DC Days, ORS Replenishing Pak, During the week it depends. if I'm rinsing after workouts, its whatever con I have thats 4ph or below. After washing, I use whatever is close by (I'm not even kidding)

Leave in: Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine

Oil: Jojoba

Greatest trial: Managing my hair as it gets longer. It gets trapped in everything which could possibly lead to ends not being as healthy as I want.

Hair type: 4-something

Length: MBL

-A

Shampoo: CON Green label, old formula is feeling the best for my relaxed hair. :yep:

Condish: Still my Kenra MC-- works great, natural & relaxed :yep:

Leave in: Not sure yet... I like Kenra Daily Provision so far

Oil: Avocado-- works great, natural & relaxed. I just use much less now.

Greatest trial: I'm still heavy-handed from my natural days. :ohwell: Learning how to style without a comb. :ohwell: Finding ponytail holders that don't snag.

Hair type: 4

Shampoo: Kpak ,CON Green label, Nioxin

Condish: Joico IH, Apoghee 2 min, Silk Elements Cholesteral (my Big 3)

Leave in: Joico, Chi Keratin Mist

Oil: Coconut

Greatest trial: Getting a salon look from DIY.

Hair type: 4

Shampoo: Elasta QP Cream Cond Poo/Kenra Clarifying

Condish: KeraCare Humecto (right now)

Leave in: Nairobi Soft Finishing Leave In

Moisturizer: SheScentIt Seyani Hair Butter/ORS Olive Oil Cream

Oil: Jojoba :drool:/ Coconut/ Sweet Almond (right now)

Greatest trial: learning protein/balance, sticking to one thing, incorporating a single product line, stressing over a few pieces of broken hair

Hair type: ?

Length: Neck Length (but may change after my relaxer in 2 weeks)

Shampoo: Mizani Botanifying, Keracare Detangling, Thermasmooth
Condish: Moisture: Mizani Moisturefuse, Nexxus Humectress, Keracare Humecto Protien: Aphogee 2 Min, Mizani Fulfyl, Joico KPak, Duo Tex
Other: Porosity Control, Mizani Thermasmooth
Leave in: Rusk Smooth, Chi Silk Infusion, BBD Stretch, Lacio Lacio
Oil: Coconut Oil (If I use oil which is rare)

Greatest trial: Color, Heat, Scissors Keeping it Simple!

Hair type: Type 4/ Fine Strands

Length: Neck/Shoulder

Please give the following:

Shampoo: Mane 'N Tail Original Shampoo
Condish: Vo5 Moisture Milks in Strawberries and Cream (Moisturizing) and Mane 'N Tail Original Conditioner (Light Protein)
Leave in: Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silky Touch Leave-In
Oil: Extra Virgin Unrefined coconut oil

Greatest trial: Getting closer to APL

Hair type: 3c/4a

Length: In-between SL and APL (closer to APL, though)

Shampoo: Apple Cider Vinegar weekly and Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo (monthly)
Condish: Aussie Moist Conditioner, ORS Replenshing paks, or Pantene Beautiful Lengths
Leave in: Giovanni Direct, HE Hello Hydration conditioner
Oil: Castor Oil, Coconut oil and amla oil

Greatest trial: Frequent Dryness and Single strand Knots

Hair type: 4b

Length: Approaching MBL

Shampoo: Joico K-pak and ORS creamy Aloe
Condish: AOHSR, Joico K-pak and ORS Replenishing
Leave in: Giovanni direct, Lacio, MNT original
Oil: Coconut and JBCO

Greatest trial: it was figuring out that my fine relaxed strands need constant light protein, instead of one big hardcore treatment, now its discovering the perfect amount of product to use without weighing down my strands and causing them to break
Hair type: 3c fine and dense

Length: grazing APL

Last edited:
Shampoo - abba cream moist (now known as color protect I believe)
Conditioner - abba cream moist
Deep Conditioner - Neutrogena Triple Mask, Alterego Garlic, Crom Emergencia
Leave In - Infusium 23, Laico Laico, Surge
Oil - Doo Gro Growth Oil (love this stuff)

Greatest trial - breakage, dryness
Length - 3c shoulder layered

Last edited:
Shampoo: Still looking for "the one"

Condish: Anything Silk Elements & Lustrasilk (all "flavors")

Leave in: Aphogee Pro-Vitamn Leave-In, Garnier Fructise

Oil: Coconut Oil

Greatest trial: Cross Wrap

Hair type: 4a/b

Shampoo: Suave Free and Gentle Conditioning Shampoo or ORS Creamy Aloe

Condish: J/A/S/O/N Biotin Conditioner

Leave in: NTM Silk Touch Leave In

Oil: Coconut Oil, Grapeseed Oil and Vatika Frosting

Greatest trial:
Learning to live without daily heat

Hair type:

Length:
SL

Shampoo: nexxus or suave, the brand shampoo isn't important to me.

Condish: Nacidit olive, or la bomba, or Nexxus products

Leave in: n/a when straight. LaBomba leave-in when curly

Oil: spectrum organic coconut oil, elasta qp mango butter

Greatest trial: too soft hair- needs protein, easily weighed down

Hair type: 3b&c

Length: MBL

Shampoo: Proclaim Olive Oil Glossing Shampoo. It's very nice.

Condish: ORS Replenishing, SE Moisturizing Treatment, LeKair Cholesterol, Queen Helen Cholesterol, Hot Oils

Leave in: Infusium23 Leave in mix, Aphogee mix, Mega Tek

Oil: I like the one that I mixed together, Proclaim Olive Oil Natural 7 when I have it.

Greatest trial: Finding the right products for my hair.

Hair type: A very nappyheaded relaxed girl.

Length: Full NL

Hi ladies, I know this post asked for RELAXED ladies and as I'm reading I see some naturals.....can you all specify whether you're relaxed or natural? That would help me out a lot! TIA!

Shampoo: Mizani Botanifying (after relaxer and henna/indigo) reason: leaves my hair soft, moisturized, & manageable.
Condish: VO5 or Aussie Moist (1st & 2nd round co-wash); Cantu Shea Butter, Silk Elements MegaSilk, Silk Elements mega Cholesterol (final round co-wash); ORS Replenishing Pak (after relaxer)
Leave in: I have Cantu Shea Butter but I haven’t found any I really like (suggestions?)
Oil: ORS Olive Oil & Chi Silk Infusion

Greatest trial: understanding what my hair needs and when it needs it and trying to retain my length

Hair type: Not sure…I’m relaxed tho! Is it hard to determine hair type because I’m relaxed and you determine that with natural/virgin hair? (Help!!!)

Length: right above armpit length….could probably obtain armpit length STOP FRIGGIN’ cutting my hair off when she’s only supposed to clip my ends!!! DON’T WORRY I JUST FIRED HER LAST WEEK! And the sad thing is….right before she starts to clip my ends CUT my hair she say how healthy, pretty, strong my hair is and how it’s just growing….the chop back to the length it was the last visit!

Back