relaxed ladies HELP

my-everything

can ya'll recommend the perfect hair care line for thick coarse relaxed hair???

i'm helping a friend get started on her hair journey so i want to surprise her with a bunch of products. She lives in france so products are much more expensive than here in the uk!!

I was thinking motions hair care or ORS??? (i'm natural and i have no idea what to get). I only have until the 24th June before i go to france:look::look:

HELP!!!

Salsarisma

I have thick course and very dry relaxed hair too. However, I have not found one line in which all the products work for me.

ORS Replenishing Pack and olive oil moisturizer work great for me.
I do not like Motions and wouldn't suggest their products...a lot of them have mineral oil or petroleum.
Elasta QP Soy Oyl shampoo and Mango butter are great!

I've heard good things about Joico and Karen's Beautiful Body. And you can never go wrong with Aveeda!

Good luck!

miss stress

I have to agree with the above poster who said no to the motions. Personally, I love natural products on my relaxed hair (shescentit, afroveda) But if u go with store bought stuff, I would say joico, aphogee, and dudleys in that order

my-everything

Thanks!! i thought buying one line would make it less confusing for her but i'm willing to buy whatever may work.

After watching Ateyaa, motions seemed to be a decent line but i really don't want to go wrong so ors is definitely a better option. Thanks :)

taz007

I would recommend ether Joico or Redken Deep Fuel lines. These lines have ceramides in them and do wonders for relaxed hair (particularly those of us who use no-lye.)

What a good friend you are!

JJamiah

I love Motions and my hair does well with it. But then again I use it 3 times a year when I relax the full line of it. I also have a normal thickness of hair leaning to the finer side.

I use their Lye Relaxer, Neutralizing Conditioner, Lavishing Conditioner, Moisture Plus When Relaxing ONLY! 3 times a year.

I love Aphogee products, Nexxus, Alter Ego, Silk Elements, ION, Dudley's, ORS, SheScentit & Hair one not necessarily in that order.

I guess you can try sampling items (the little packets) and see what works or you. One mans junk is another mans treasure!

chasturner84

I use a variety of products but as others have stated: JUST SAY NO to MOTIONS! :perplexed Check out Joico though.

danysedai

She's in France, has she tried the Kerastase Oleo Relax(moisture) and the Kerastase Resistance line(protein)? pricey but worth it IMHO,a little bit goes a long way.

caribeandiva

Human being
Most line with moisturure and ceramide will work. I have hair like you described. What worked for me was the Nexxus, Dudley's, or Redken moisture line.

back2relaxed

I have that same type of hair, I like Keracare, the entire line. If I had to choose a store bought brand it would be Elasta QP, and you can use their entire line as well.

imaccami

I would give her Elasta Qp.

I use Elasta Qp relaxer and neutralizer. And then for shampoo I use Pantene Smooth and Dove shiny. For conditioner I use Pantene Shiny and Smooth. (I can't remember the exact names of the shampoos and conditioners but one says shiny, the other says straight and I think the dove is also shiny.)

Elasta qp is inexpensive and I bet they sell Pantene and Dove in France.

bimtheduck

I like Joico and redkin. I heard nothing but wonderful things about Design Essentials, products fron afroveda and shescentit. And everyone who uses Bee Mine says they can use the entire line and they done have to go searching for other products. I wanna try that one myself.

my-everything

She's in France, has she tried the Kerastase Oleo Relax(moisture) and the Kerastase Resistance line(protein)? pricey but worth it IMHO,a little bit goes a long way.

Unfortunately the typical products she uses are from Luster's pink :nono::nono::nono: or if she needs more moisture she uses Keralong, which has helped but the products are not always available and the prices have increased too.

I'm not sure if she has heard of kerastase..it looks really proffesional:lick:

AlliCat

IMO the best line (most affordable, best quality, best variety) is Organic Root Stimulator. However I know many relaxed people don't use just 1 line, instead they use the best products from different lines.

xcuzememiss

I'd suggest Aubrey organic honey suckle rose conditioner. Creme of nature old formula or elasta qp for shampoos. Get her some wheat germ oil and olive oil for prepoos and Dc's and a light leave In like lacio lAcio so it won't weigh down her hair.

4bslbound

Wheat germ oil from whole foods. It's ceramide rich which would be excellent to mix with EVOO, castor, jojoba and/or other oils to make her "own" product.

Salsarisma

Thanks!! i thought buying one line would make it less confusing for her but i'm willing to buy whatever may work.

After watching Ateyaa, motions seemed to be a decent line but i really don't want to go wrong so ors is definitely a better option. Thanks :)

Don't forget that Ateyaa is getting paid by Motions. Her opinion may be a bit biased.