Natural Ladies with some THICK THICK coarse Hair

angelk316

I need your help. I need some products suggestions. When I try products on my hair they either seem to soak it up, do nothing, make it dry or just sit on top of the hair. I ve tried CON shampoo and conditioner, WGO, VO5 con and poo and other products I cant think of right now. I cant afford very expensive product. I need suggestion on affordable products that work on natural, thick, coarse hair.

i just started using s curl and it made my hair so much softer. and my hair is very coarse. and s curl is only like $4.

although I'm texturized I think I may have some advice for you. WHen you wash your hair separate it in 4 sections, wash your hair in sections...when I was natural I could only manage my hair when it was wet. As far a products I have found that the following products really help and several naturals on this board may agree with me (I only texturize about 2 or 3 times a year so I understand your frustrations)

1. Elasta QP's mango butter about $5-$6 excellent moisturizer and it brings out the waves nicely.
2. Sta-Sof-Fro- Really detangles well and makes my hair ultra moisturized! about $4

3. Giovanni Leave in treatment--excellent but a little pricey about $7 for 8oz
4. Cantu Shea cream shampoo--excellent very moisturizing and detangling! $5
5. Deep treatments-cholesterol, Miss key 10 en 1 plus is da bomb baby! about $4.99 for 6oz
6. Elasta's Recovery lotion is really a great lotion moisturizer as well it runs about $3 to $4.

I hope that this helps!:)

I tried Scurl and LOVE it! It makes my hair soft, easy to comb and stays moisturized-just don't use too much.!

Cheap stuff that's worked for me:

*Aussie Moist shampoo - doesn't strip and cleans well
*Suave Daily Moisture conditioner - :love: extremely moisturizing and gives great slip for detangling, good as a deep conditioner
*Suave Naturals Tropical coconut conditioner - good for light conditioning or conditioner washes
*Profectiv Break-free leave-in - nice moisturizing leave-in conditioner
*Profective Megagrowth - nice creamy hairdress
*Proclaim Aloe Gel or Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E gel - both give a nice soft hold, no crunchiness
*Salon Selectives molding putty - I'm not sure if they discontinued this or not but it's a great pomade product for styles like twists and braids. smells like green jolly ranchers too :)

I think all of these are under $5...most in the $1-$3 range.

Inexpensive stuff that works for me-

*unrefined shea butter
*Africa's Best Ultimate hair oil on damp sectioned hair before shampooing
*African Royale Daily Doctor- I use this almost everyday with a little water in a spray bottle on my twists- works fine.
* Parnevu Organic Hair Mayo- really thick consistency-cost @ the most $6

Last edited:
Back