Relaxed ladies: Do you use tea in your hair regimen?

demlew

Hi all! I'm currently stretching - I've made it to 14 weeks when I usually relax at 10. I'm looking for ways to increase moisture. I've started steaming more often and that's helping.

Does anyone use tea in their regimen - whether it's as a rinse, as a spritz, etc? I'm looking for ideas. TIA.

MzSwift

I have heard good things about black tea for shedding and green tea for hair growth and hydration.

I've been using Ayurvedic teas for years but I've recently considered trying some green tea as well. I'm continuing to look for ways to keep my hair moisturized without feeling greasy/oily.

demlew

I have heard good things about black tea for shedding and green tea for hair growth and hydration.

I've been using Ayurvedic teas for years but I've recently considered trying some green tea as well. I'm continuing to look for ways to keep my hair moisturized without feeling greasy/oily.
Thank you for replying! Which are your top 2-3 favorite Ayurvedic teas?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@demlew
Yes, I use a variety of Tea(s) for Rinses or under my DC'er. Some of the Teas I use are:

Horsetail
Rosemary
Nettle
Hibiscus
Burdock Root
Saw Palmetto
Oolong
Catnip
Slippery Elm
Bamboo
Green

I have also been steeping Cloves to use as a Rinse as well

demlew

@demlew
Yes, I use a variety of Tea(s) for Rinses or under my DC'er. Some of the Teas I use are:

Horsetail
Rosemary
Nettle
Hibiscus
Burdock Root
Saw Palmetto
Oolong
Catnip
Slippery Elm
Bamboo
Green

I have also been steeping Cloves to use as a Rinse as well
Thank you! I have hibiscus and green on my grocery list, but is there another moisturizing standout on your list that I should try?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Yikes - you're right about the price! My grandma would say "they must be proud of that product" :lachen:

I think I'll start by using Throat Coat tea since it contains both slippery elm and marshmallow root. Thanks for the advice!
@demlew

Yes, Marshmallow Root is excellent too! :up:

I use my Slippery Elm very sparingly (unfortunately)