sunnieb

I found some on ebay for you. I'm not sure if this is a good price.

Thank you! Yeah, that price is a little expensive. I'm leaning towards Joico or Keracare right now. I really don't want to buy my deep conditioners online if I can help it.

LiftedUp

What do you use for a protein conditioner?

Anyhoo, I'm on the lookout for a new moisturizing conditioner. I've been thinking of going back to my old Motions Moisture Plus, but wanted to see what you ladies are using.

I follow both up with

** Sry for the large images

mzhotniz86

I like aubrey organics white camellia & wheat germ oil for moisture & aubrey gpb, protein filer ,knox gelatin for protein treatment

Fotchygirl

From a site called everything hair. I think it's South African based. It arrived on Wednesday and I dc'd with it yesterday and my oh my! Slip for days! At almost 13weeks post I didn't have matting or tangles! The comb just glided through my hair n the shower. Thanks @pre_medicalrulz for bringing it to my attention.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
From a site called everything hair. I think it's South African based. It arrived on Wednesday and I dc'd with it yesterday and my oh my! Slip for days! At almost 13weeks post I didn't have matting or tangles! The comb just glided through my hair n the shower. Thanks @pre_medicalrulz for bringing it to my attention.

Yeeaaaa! Glad you liked it! @lulu97 introduced me to it awhile back :)

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Yeeaaaa! Glad you liked it! @lulu97 introduced me to it awhile back :)

I was inspired to purchase by @SuchaLady who always rave about it. I love how we share around here! Never know what you will end up loving.

@Fotchygirl Do you have a TJ Maxx close by? You can snatch them up from there for around $7.99 I have 5 tubes just chilling in my hair cabinet all from TJ Maxx :drunk:

sunnieb

I plan on relaxing tomorrow, so I bought some Nexxus Emergencee today to use as my mid-step protein treatment. :yep:

PuddingPop

Not relaxed anymore but my DD is so I still deal with relaxed hair regularly. My fav is Silicon Mix , the original one and Silicon Mix Bambu. I have yet to find anything better.

sunnieb

Had to come back to tell y'all about how Nexxus Emergencee saved my hair.

On Thursday night, I noticed something I haven't seen in years - breakage! I combed my hair and saw little broken hairs all over my sink. After :cry3:for a minute, I decided to take immediate action. I didn't have time to dc, but I took the time to properly moisturize and seal my ends with castor oil. I bunned until Friday night.

I clarified with Suave Daily Clarifiying Shampoo, followed with Nexxus Therappe, then dc'd with Nexxus Emergencee with a little honey mixed in.

The results were amazing! My breakage is 100% gone! I've been combing over my sink to see if anything comes out, and there's nothing.

So, I know what caused this. I've been so lazy and took my healthy hair and length for granted. I hardly even come on the hair side of the house anymore. I need to change and get back into my healthy hair routine.

Aggie

Thanks for sharing that little story @sunnieb. It just reminds me to take care of my hair no matter how much I don't feel like doing it. I know when I'm lazy, (and I'm usually in that lazy place for a very long time by the way) I have a tendency to avoid the hair forum as well plus I plait it up in a few celies, wig it then forget it. :nono: not good. I gatta do better, seriously!

I'm happy you were able to quickly recognize the problem, establish what caused it, and fix it in a timely fashion. Good for you girlie!

sunnieb

Thanks @Aggie!

You are so right about being in that lazy place for a long time. I read through a few of my hair related posts, and every dern time I'm complaining about being lazy! I am really enjoying having all this hair, but I won't keep it if I stay lazy. Plus, I keep getting compliments and then I start "feelin" myself just a lil too much. :giggle:

Aggie

Thanks @Aggie!

You are so right about being in that lazy place for a long time. I read through a few of my hair related posts, and every dern time I'm complaining about being lazy! I am really enjoying having all this hair, but I won't keep it if I stay lazy. Plus, I keep getting compliments and then I start "feelin" myself just a lil too much. :giggle:
:yep: I know exactly what you mean @ the bolded @sunnieb.

mzhotniz86

On Thursday night, I noticed something I haven't seen in years - breakage! I combed my hair and saw little broken hairs all over my sink. After :cry3:for a minute, I decided to take immediate action. I didn't have time to dc, but I took the time to properly moisturize and seal my ends with castor oil. I bunned until Friday night.

I clarified with Suave Daily Clarifiying Shampoo, followed with Nexxus Therappe, then dc'd with Nexxus Emergencee with a little honey mixed in.

The results were amazing! My breakage is 100% gone! I've been combing over my sink to see if anything comes out, and there's nothing.

So, I know what caused this. I've been so lazy and took my healthy hair and length for granted. I hardly even come on the hair side of the house anymore. I need to change and get back into my healthy hair routine.

Ive been dealing with breakage for awhile , but I used some aubrey gpb and hydrolyzed oats & it curved it (until i washed it again). Breakage sucks!
On another note what do you do to keep your hair so healthy?

sunnieb

Ive been dealing with breakage for awhile , but I used some aubrey gpb and hydrolyzed oats & it curved it (until i washed it again). Breakage sucks!
On another note what do you do to keep your hair so healthy?

Yes, breakage sucks big time!

I'm in the process of going back to my hair roots to revamp my routine. I know what it takes to keep my hair healthy, I just need to do it and not get lazy. I even cowashed tonight because I looked at my calendar and I'll be busy the next 2 nights. I think I'll use dc'ing as a base and build my routine around that.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Weekly: cowash 1x; clarify/moisture shampoo/dc 1x; honey treatment 1x

Rotate dc's like this: Nexxus Emergencee, Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisture, Nexxus Humectress Restoring Conditioner, Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisture, then back to Nexxus Emergencee to repeat the cycle

Daily: Moisturize and seal; set my hair for bed properly - not just roll it up all crazy.

I'll fine tune as I go, but the main thing is for me to keep up with my weekly dc's. :yep:

mzhotniz86

Yes, breakage sucks big time!

I'm in the process of going back to my hair roots to revamp my routine. I know what it takes to keep my hair healthy, I just need to do it and not get lazy. I even cowashed tonight because I looked at my calendar and I'll be busy the next 2 nights. I think I'll use dc'ing as a base and build my routine around that.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Weekly: cowash 1x; clarify/moisture shampoo/dc 1x; honey treatment 1x

Rotate dc's like this: Nexxus Emergencee, Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisture, Nexxus Humectress Restoring Conditioner, Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisture, then back to Nexxus Emergencee to repeat the cycle

Daily: Moisturize and seal; set my hair for bed properly - not just roll it up all crazy.

I'll fine tune as I go, but the main thing is for me to keep up with my weekly dc's. :yep:
Awesome! Im still building & tweaking my regimen but Im slowly getting there. Im just trying to work through this over processed damage .dcs are the best

PlatinumBronze

Living my life like its Platinum!

Where did you buy your Emergencee from? I thought the hard protein was discontinued?

leona2025

Just ordered the Joico Recovery Treatment Balm. I'm so excited!

I've went out and purchased this twice on the strength of reviews here and each time returned because it did nothing for my hair. Yall making me want to try it again. I want to love this product so bad. It's always in TJ Maxx and the thing is I love the shampoo.

My current dc is silicon mix/kanchome goat milk conditioner and I add olive oil - I had left it for ORS olive oil mask. I hated having to order online, but I've found it everywhere in the local bss.
For my protein I used Aphogee 2 minute or Nutress Hair Moisturizing Protein Pack for Extremely Damaged Hair (This is like MAGIC).