Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
16 weeks this Wednesday. Usually I relax at 16 weeks but my travel schedule won't allow it. So I will relax at 18 weeks (longest stretch ever).

Jewell

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

Last touch up was Feb. 9. July 9 will be an entire 5 months...gonna try to wait until Sept. 9 (7 months) longest stretch while relaxing, but I have transitioned for 9 and 18 months before (with wigs and braids as help). Bunning, lots of conditioner, and oiling are getting me through. If I make it to 7 months this time with no ill effects, (so far so good), I will regularly stretch for 7 months for the forseeable future.

PureSilver

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

12 weeks 3 days as of today and a tonne of NG. I managed to clarify wash and do a lil Moisturizing DC last night though. My hair smells heavenly.

I think i have 8 weeks to go

naija24

I almost want to take down this weave and relax. I miss my scalp. I miss 3x a week cowashing. I miss my hair. Plus my new growth is changing and is puffing up something serious now that I'm beyond 4 months

GettingKinky

3 weeks today.

When I'm deep in a stretch I always think about going natural, but in the 1st month after a touch-up I love my smooth hair.

I have no idea what the future holds for my hair.

Fotchygirl

I am exactly 5 months post and was supposed to relax tomorrow but won't anymore due to the trouble I ran into after my weave take down. My hair was knotted something awful due to the product build up. The take down ended up taking days as I was trying to be calm about it. Wash and DC was yesterday so the relaxer will be on Monday now. The NG is no joke but doing everything in sections helped tremendously.

Jewell

There is NO way I could go 5 months this time had I not buckled down and been consistent with my MSM. I tried 5 month stretches a couple times in the last couple years, and it was like battling a wildfire when relaxer day came around. Mats all in the back despite regular detangling. I increased my dosage by 400% (four times what I used to take), and it has definitely softened the texture and cut my shedding. That MSM is DA truth!!

I began taking it like 10 years ago for body health. Well now I have upped my dosage and the results get better and better. (They say the more you take, the less your body rids itself of in urine). Plus, it is a precursor or l-glutathione, one of the most potent antioxidants your body makes. :) As soft and manageable my NG is, I could go a year without a touch-up. I lost track of the time because usually I'm annoyed by the NG after 4 months. Not this time. But to be safe I'm cutting the stretch off at 7 months.

ETA I increased the dosage gradually over 2-4 weeks.

Last edited:

greenandchic

Jewell how many mg of MSM do you take per day? I've been taking it on and off for years and recently got back into it for my knees. I'm at 1000 mg/day so far...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey

It will be 4 weeks tomorrow. I like having the texlax but am siding more with getting a full relaxer done next time. I haven't really styled it besides braidouts and twistouts. I will try a rollerset or flat iron it to see how that goes.

SweetSunshine

11 weeks post.

Texlaxing b/t 16-18 weeks post.

Jewell

greenandchic

I've always taken 1,000 mg per day for the last 8-10 years, but recently I doubled to 2,000 then increased further to 3,500-4,000 per day (more than a 50% increase looking back on my prior post). I have 1500 mg caplets and 1000 mg capsules.

Usually, I take (1) 1,000 mg capsule in the AM with breakfast, and (2) 1,500 mg caplets after dinner before bed for an additional 3,000 mg. So that's 4,000 a day. Some times I miss one of the capsules/caplets or just don't feel like taking them. However, I'm pretty consistent and if I fall off, its only for a day or two max.

I have seen a big difference compared to the 1,000 mg I took for so long. I imagine my body adjusted to the dose. I've had problematic joints for years, which is what started me taking it around 2004. The softening of texture, physical detoxifying properties, and reduction in shedding are great extra benefits. :)

Last edited:

mschristine

Currently about 4 weeks post. I need to do a corrective so i'll be doing that in about 3 weeks, right before I go on vacation.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay

I'm at a point where stretching is not beneficial to retention. Too much breakage and dryness. Making an appt with the salon. I'm somewhere around 10 or 11 weeks.

camilla

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now?

When is your next touch up?

September longer if I'm weaved up
What relaxer will you use?

Thinking about Eden from cream of nature
Ors is my go to

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax?

I've been self relating for 15 years now

Tangie

I am 13 weeks post and this has been one of the easiest stretches I've ever done. I just installed box braids over the weekend so I'll be stretching at least another 5-6 weeks. I think a HUGE help in my stretch this go round is adding Tresemme Flawless Curls Conditioner to my reggie. When I say that conditioner can tame my new growth like none other I mean it. I've been co-washing with it at least 2-3x a week (will be less now that I have the braids in) and it lays that new growth DOWN!! Only problem is I can only find that particular line at Walmart and I don't live near a Walmart so I have to order online.

acapnleo

pre_medicalrulz what relaxer do you use?

I always stop and admire your hair :)

I'm considering relaxer again, haven't relaxed in over 2 yrs.

Rozlewis

13 weeks post. 5 more to go.

PureSilver

I'll be 13wks post tomorrow. My initial plan was to relax the end of August but i dont know if this matting and tangling can be tamed.