Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

emada

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

Rozlewis

Hey girl! I think I'm just about 4 weeks post and so far so good. But I am getting tired of my hair, this awkward cut is annoying me so I think it's time to put it away.

Glad your stretch has went so well, can't wait to see relaxer results :grin:. I've done 16 weeks a few times but I also think I'll stick to 12-14 weeks.

NGraceO

Eleven weeks post!! I planned on relaxing at twelve weeks, but just impulsively installed some braids last week. So ill wait. We shall see.

NGraceO

I'm 10 months post relaxer & no, I'm not transitioning :lol: I'm texlaxed. I usually relax every 16 weeks, but I fell off. I'll probably relax before I go on vacation next month.

Geesh. I WISH I could just "fall off" of relaxing and end up stretching that long. Unfortunately, my obnoxious hair frequently reminds me when it's time :lol:

PureSilver

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I day post and many more days to go

Pennefeather

21 weeks today. Looking to relax at 24 weeks. This is way longer than the 12 weeks that I normally go. I'm hoping to see some real growth.

koolkittychick

One day post after a bad self-relaxer experience. I don't know why I keep trying to do this at home with a lye relaxer. If I want to do this at home, I should just switch to no-lye. As soon as I give my scalp some more TLC, I will post the results.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

2 days post (posting to keep track) :look:

FelaShrine

it will be 3 weeks on easter sunday. need to keep track

BlueSage

I am 1 week post. I just relaxed after a 15 week stretch and finally made it to SL (when hair is wet) :) Still a long way to go.

nymane

6 weeks post, at least 6 more weeks to go

back2relaxed

Just ended a 12 week stretch yesterday, that will be the last one until I can grow past shoulder length. My new growth nape hair was so coarse that it literally chopped up the longer less coarse hair. As a result I had to het a major cut. So I'm back from damaged shoulder length to healthy neck length. I was hoping to be at APL by end of summer, but that wont be the focus at this time. Im back to focusing on my hair health. Length will come in time. My stylist suggested no more stretches for a while so back to 8 weeks between touch ups. My next relaxer will be around June 12th. I had to get 2 tracks sewn in, as my sides are always shorter than the back of my hair, so I guess I'll enjoy this look through the summer if I dont get twists or a full sew in.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Just ended a 12 week stretch yesterday, that will be the last one until I can grow past shoulder length. My new growth nape hair was so coarse that it literally chopped up the longer less coarse hair. As a result I had to het a major cut. So I'm back from damaged shoulder length to healthy neck length. I was hoping to be at APL by end of summer, but that wont be the focus at this time. Im back to focusing on my hair health. Length will come in time. My stylist suggested no more stretches for a while so back to 8 weeks between touch ups. My next relaxer will be around June 12th. I had to get 2 tracks sewn in, as my sides are always shorter than the back of my hair, so I guess I'll enjoy this look through the summer if I dont get twists or a full sew in.

Sometimes long stretches don't work when it's causing setbacks. I've been there before. You'll get to all your goals soon enough.

mezzogirl

I am 14 weeks post. I have had a sew in (for the first time) for 4 weeks. I plan to take the sew in out in next week and relax the following week which will be 16 weeks. i've never stretched this long before. Hoping I made progress.

bklynbornNbred

21 weeks today. Did not plan to stretch this long but its going ok. Will decide by end of the week what I'm gonna do. My disrespectful roots broke a comb this weekend. The ringer is my shoulder is still injured. Relaxing now will not make wash day any easier. At this point may just throw in some braids/twists and let my hair rest and grow over the summer while I rehab and get back in shape.

A plus to extending this stretch is it would be nice to hit MBL once I finally throw relaxer in. Right now I'm hovering at BSL but not believing it (since its mostly tucked up) until someone else comments about my hair. Hairnorexia is real.

Pennefeather

I made an appointment for a touch up in two weeks, Saturday, May 3. I'm debating if I should do an Aphogee two step treatment this weekend. I'm sure that I have read somewhere that it is a good idea, but I don't remember the reason why. I'll be 25 weeks on my appointment day.