Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

sunnieb

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

20 weeks post today!!!!!

Whew! Relaxing tonight!

susanzmorg

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I am 13 Weeks Post.

I am aiming for 6 months which will end May 4th.

I just love how thick my hair is when I stretch.

mschristine

One week post relaxer...I'm aiming for 10-12 weeks but...I might stretch longer depending on how well I can deal with my new growth

naija24

I have put relaxer on my head but it legit didn't take so I don't count it as a touch up.

So I'm at 16 weeks post.

thebelleofelle

11 months & 10 days post...doing the transition thing but have noticed much change in length :(

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now?
Currently 14 weeks post (on accident; NG is behaving so I forgot about my 12 week touch up)

When is your next touch up?
Will try to get it done in next 2 weeks

What relaxer will you use?
Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax?
Salon. I barely have to patience to wash my hair every week or two. Self-relaxing is out of the question for me at this point in my life.

cassie712

Six weeks post last relaxer Jan 10/2014 next mar 21/2014 longest time ever I relaxed every 8 weeks now self relaxed with ORS

Sent from my Nexus 7 using LHCF

Last edited:

Nazaneen

More than 6 months but as far as I know I'm not transitioning :lol:. I'll touch up when the weather warms. I think I'll begin to relax one a year... or I'll transition again.

Naphy

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now?
I am exactly 19 weeks post relaxer !

When is your next touch up?
I plan to relaxer my hair at the 20th week mark ^^

What relaxer will you use?
ORS Olive Oil as usual.

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax?
At home. My hair is SOOO messed up right now, I don't want to deal with some hairdresser and her "wise" advices when I know what I'm doing... so yep, self relax !

Rozlewis

I am 9 week post and the new growth is real. I have 7 more weeks to go. Will be going to the salon on April 11 for my next relaxer.

bklynbornNbred

I'm one week post. I relaxed last week Monday (11/25) at 18 weeks 4 days.

I switched to Motions Super because I have not been happy with my ORS results (mostly with the tangling that been happening the few times I did wach my hair) and I'm glad I did. I'll see how my hair responds to washing as this gets old before deciding if I'll continue with this relaxer but my initial results show me that ORS really did change the formula somewhere along the line.

I'm suffering from hairnorexia because I still hesitate to claim BSL although I'm on my way to MBL. I did a slight trim but lack of manipulation due to my injury and buns have thankfully left my hair in pretty good shape. I'll be ready to fully claim where ever my ends lay by the time spring rolls around. May even come out of hiding and post a picture :). Happy growing everyone!

Bumping because I forgot to write it down and had to look this up to see how long its been since my last relaxer.

I'll be 13 wks post tomorrow. Still injured so its hard to manipulate my hair much so I'm beyond bored with my look. I'm thinking about braiding it up until spring but I also know that once it gets hot I won't want to be bothered with wearing it out. It makes no sense to throw in a relaxer only to wear it out for one cycle in the fall before winter protection season starts. I may talk myself into a very long stretch but it will have to be completely hidden to pull it off.

As for the Motions I'm having the same issues with my hair so the problem may not be ORS changing its formula but my hair being more resistant to relaxers overall.

jasmyne14

I am 5 weeks post and maybe in 8 weeks I'll get a relaxer depends if I get a weave next week which will stretch it out

Last edited:

cynd

I'm around 23 weeks post. I have no idea when or how I will do my next relaxer. I had a setback and have just been leaving my hair alone in celie braids for weeks and the thought of detangling really scares me.

ckisland

Currently 10 weeks post, and experiencing zero issues with my new growth :grin:.

I planned to relax at 12-16 weeks post, but it's going to be more like 14-16, I think :look:. 14 weeks puts it at the weekend of my birthday, and 16 puts me at 4 months.
I'm looking at either ORS no-lye or Silk Elements to touch up with. I want to get my hair straighter, and I'll need to smooth it down to my ends to correct the underprocessing I have down my length.

naija24

1 week post! Loving it!!

I already feel my roots starting to curl though. Crazy! I hope it's inversion working o_O

I'm gonna stretch to 10 weeks. I think anything longer starts to make my go a bit crazy.

BranwenRosewood

I'm 1 day post and I will touch up sometime in June or when my NG gets to be too much to handle. Since I have a lot of texture still in my hair I want to try to stretch for 6 months at a time.

SweetSunshine

I'm currently 19 weeks post.

Will be Texlaxing in 7 weeks at my 6 month mark, April 19.

Excited about my first 6 month stretch! :grin:

( last time I posted, I stated I would texlax at the end of May. Miscalculation on my part.)

sunnieb

3 weeks post today and not relaxing again until around the 4th of July.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF