Relaxed Heads - Ever used lemon juice to lighten?

Just wondered HOW badly damaging this is to do. I think a girlfriend once told me that yes, it does dry the hair so make sure to deep condition alot after but yes, lemon juice will lighten the hair when out in the sun. I've heard this alot over the years now.

Any of you done this juice trick? what tips do you have to minimize damage? Also share any horror stories....

tekmommie

DON'T DO IT!! (please)

I did this many years ago, with okay results. I knew better but was young and everybody was doing it...lol. Anyways, with the quality of colors available nowadays your better off just to use one of those to get your hi-lights.

OH yeah, you can't really control the color...usually brassy, orangy.

HTH

Jade21

Brownrelaxedhair,

Oh, no, you're not!!!!!
Please don't do this...please don't do this. Good way to fry that beautiful head of yours...no, no, no!

How much lighter were you looking for? Might be able to suggest a rich herb mixture to you.

Much love,

Jade

Jade!!! Okay Mum I won't lol!!!

Thanks for replying. I'll keep well away then and stop these cravings. My hair is brown and I'd like it to be a paler sandy brown esp. round the face but I'll let the sun do that instead and deep condition after.

*Hugs*

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
NOOOOO DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!
I did that in High School and it dried up my hair really bad. You are better off buying a conditioning dye or a jazzing rinse.